Spitfire 1500 Dash

Anglefire

Finally got it all back in and the right wires going to the right gauges/switches (managed to swap two - fuel gauge and headlight switch. I even took photographs but still mixed up blue with green/black.   I blame the dirt and lighting )

radio is also working properly 

my only issue is me. I lent over the handbrake to refit the dash screws - and thick I may have cracked a rib. 😳

• 2 months later...

Hi Yep I reckon brexit was easier than fitting a one piece ;)

But actually it was not too bad, thing to do is remove the centre stand, radio, and both lower parcel selfs and seats.  These were all out anyway as I was repairing a gear box oil leak on the solenoid for the overdrive.  I also got rid of the useless seatbelt warning lamp as it didn't work and the seat sensors are not available any more, gives it a cleaner look.  The power socket was added as it didn't have a cigarette lighter from original and I didn't want to put one in the new dash.

The hardest part was the bio*dy speedo drive cable, both getting it off and back on again.

58 minutes ago, alan.gilbert_6384 said:

The hardest part was the bio*dy speedo drive cable, both getting it off and back on again.

Oh tell me about it. Out was by far the worst experience of the dash update, but the back in was bad enough!  

putting the hazard switch in the right place (and how the loom fitted) was almost worth the whole exercise for me!

• 7 months later...

Well. Following on from this thread and also this one 

I am just going to say I am so glad I got my Dad to do it when he did - as he died last week on holiday (in Germany) - very quick which we are all pleased about, in that he didn't suffer. The way I aspire to go when the time comes. 

13 hours ago, Anglefire said:

Well. Following on from this thread and also this one 

I am just going to say I am so glad I got my Dad to do it when he did - as he died last week on holiday (in Germany) - very quick which we are all pleased about, in that he didn't suffer. The way I aspire to go when the time comes. 

Sorry to hear that. You did the right thing and will see his work every time you drive the car. A fitting tribute.

• Like 1