Essential boot tools

PeaTear

One small/light item (along with a few kilos of other tools etc) that I do have in boot for longer trips, is a small telescopic magnet (£1.00 at local tat shop).

Theory being, that much more likely to lose small parts when stressed/in a hurry. Also found that when you can't actually see the nut, etc, you can wave the magic wand in the general direction and it often picks it up.

Where do you stop though?. Maybe best cleansing the boot and with it, the soul, forever.

Dave  

Edited by daverclasper
  • Like 1

I went to visit one of my bosses in Manor House for hernia  they sprayed his knees with a wd40 equivalent, good for joints bad for skin

They nicked his doo dahs , he carried them in a string bag like a pair of shiney pomegranates  I just wanted to give them a good ping 

Not a bad boss but these thoughts cross your mind 

Bit  like them who want me in the blasted boot    Ha 

Pete

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Self Amalgamating Tape". It has a multitude of uses, I:e: will seal a leaky hose sufficient to "get you home". And backed up by a few turns of "Gaffa" holds pressure to a surprising extent. As for tools, it doesn't matter what you carry, if it happens the one you NEED, will be still in the garage. (Murphys first law).

Pete

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, PeteH said:

As for tools, it doesn't matter what you carry, if it happens the one you NEED, will be still in the garage. (Murphys first law).

Pete

Exactly that. On our CLM trip my starter motor started to come apart. Got the motor out to tighten the small bolts that hold it together, and they were torx! I managed to use an allen key to tighten them a bit, which lasted until I got home (Just!) but did buy a £5 torx set from the next hypermarche we visited, just in case. They are now part of my toolbag....

I managed to complete a full track day in my old GD cobra having bodged a broken throttle cable with a pair old 'artery forceps'. A most under rated bit of kit from the medical world that I always used carry just in case of motoring issues in my self build kit car

• 2 weeks later...