Little drive out

Anglefire

As the sun was shining took the missus for a little drive. I intended to go to Burford- but the traffic at Morton-in-Marsh was dire and I knew there was roadworks on the hill out of Stow - so took a right turn and ended up in a very nice pub called the Churchill. https://www.churchillarms.co/

just had the soup some coffee and a pudding.  Excellent quality. Not the cheapest- but I’d rather eat good once than crap twice!

will go back again. 

Post drive out I thought I would do a compression test. 

Took the plugs out screwed in my pressure gauge and thought. That’s odd did I knock the plug on the alternator as it wasn’t in. 🤔. Turned the engine over and no definitely been out for a while. So put the charger on for a few minutes. 25a charger shouldn’t take it long!

did wonder why the indicators were flashing slowly. Must check the bulb on the charging light - though the sun was behind me so probably just wiped it out!

I forgot to press the go button on the above so this is a couple of hours later.

charging light does work fine and the compression test is ok too. Very quick to rise and seem good figures. 120/120/107/115. 

Anyway a couple of pictures from the lunch stop. 

CB101A50-D35F-4181-9510-3B9CF0AA55DA.thumb.jpeg.75c9dff238eab3fdfe003226d50aed5c.jpeg

85D0098B-CDD7-492D-99B8-DEE994188DB1.thumb.jpeg.78c5e9c13a3f1141ec6b2c3c0836b331.jpeg

• Like 1

On 23/02/2019 at 14:58, Anglefire said:

As the sun was shining took the missus for a little drive. I intended to go to Burford- but the traffic at Morton-in-Marsh was dire and I knew there was roadworks on the hill out of Stow - so took a right turn and ended up in a very nice pub called the Churchill. https://www.churchillarms.co/

just had the soup some coffee and a pudding.  Excellent quality. Not the cheapest- but I’d rather eat good once than crap twice!

will go back again. 

Hi Mark,

on your recommendation me and missus (Sue) popped along to the Churchill. It was everything and more that you stated. Excellent food.

I had a smoked Haddock Souffle followed by calves liver. Sue had the risotto - wow. 

Not cheap by any means but far better value than an awful meal we had last night at a Toby carvery.

Roger

• Like 1

Hi Doug,

I live in Hayes, not far from Heathrow (or West London as we call it) and the beer prices are eye watering. Going anywhere in the country is a money saving experience.

Having said that our local Working Mens Club does a variety of good pints for about £3.20. They just put their prices up as there was no profit in what they were doing.

Roger

Roger,

I lived my first 20 years in Hayes! Fairdale Gardens, I went down there last year, I could hardly recognise it. I also worked at Heathrow for 5 years or so, but by then I lived in West Drayton.

I notice Hayes is only 10 miles from The George in Wraysbury where Thames area meet, have I seen you there? 

Hayes is also only 18 miles from the Shire Horse where East Berks meet, my brother comes all the way from Uxbridge.

Doug

Hi Doug,

I only joined the TSSC a few weeks ago at Stoneleigh so haven't  got along to any meets.

I'm just down the road from Fairdale        - hitherbroom Rd off Coldharbour.  Been in Hayes 69 years.

Hayes has changed a great deal. We will be having CrossRail through here. Having a crazy effect on house prices.

Roger

• Like 1

Roger,

I live in Twyford and Crossrail's coming through here, Twyford station is already bursting at the seams and house prices are ridiculous, although our estate is becoming less desirable due to the indiscriminate commuter parking! :lol:

I used to walk down Coldharbour Lane to school, Townfield, is it still there?

Doug

11 hours ago, RogerH said:

I live in Hayes, not far from Heathrow (or West London as we call it) and the beer prices are eye watering. Going anywhere in the country is a money saving experience.

Roger

I complained the other night about two drinks costing £9.80, and darling daughter - who is a student in Belfast - brought me up to date by telling me that she regularly pays £7 for a drink, or £12 for cocktails.... I think my wallet still thinks it's the 1980s and wants change from a fiver after buying a whole round.

1 hour ago, poppyman said:

It's us northerners that have good taste..... What do others think?  :) 

Tony.

Ones taste is developed from your normal habitat.  Move off somewhere else and it may not be to your liking.

But just like noses that get used to odours after 24 Hrs immersion taste buds also acclimatise.  Not keen on the northern idea of fine bubbles in ale. - easily sorted though.

BlackSheep with the fizzer removed from the tap is a good pint.

Roger

• Like 1

I’ve lived in the North East of England for 35 years and I still can’t get used to drinking pints like this. This is at the Sun Inn in Stockton on Tees, which serves more pints of draft Bass than anywhere else in England, so they must be doing something right.

815A80B4-D616-4EC3-BF3E-3718DBA2982E.jpeg

• Haha 1