Alloy Rocker Cover 6 cyl

ahebron

Afternoon

I have purchased off Trademe a second hand new Rimmers alloy rocker cover for one of my Vitesse 6.

I was surprised to see no rebate in the bottom of the cover to help locate the gasket.

Should there be one?

If not does the standard cork one fit or do I have to buy a different one?

Thanks

Adrian

Edited by ahebron
spelling

They are flat. The TSSC shop stocks a special gasket for alloy covers, though a std cork one will fit, but a good idea to "glue"it in place (to the cover) with the sealant of your choice.And a smear of grease on the other face. Well, that worked for me. 25 years ago, but I doubt the covers have changed

late GT6 can foul the bonnet  i have not seen a vitesse do this ,

maybe all down to height settings of the bonnet ?

club shop https://shop.tssc.org.uk/product/6-cylinder-thin-neoprene-rocker-cover-gasket

but do sign in for members prices

these gaskets last for years they should sit flat and located but as said a smear of sealer on one side to keep it in place is a good idea

Pete

42 minutes ago, Ben Caswell said:

The bonnet clearance on a Vitesse is very close that's why the front rocker cover fixing is a bolt and not a stud !!

Err... both my Vitesses had studs on all three rocker fixings. Never had a problem with bonnet clearance. Well, not to the engine, anyway. Radiator's a different matter.

38 minutes ago, NonMember said:

Err... both my Vitesses had studs on all three rocker fixings. Never had a problem with bonnet clearance. Well, not to the engine, anyway. Radiator's a different matter.

The Later Vitesses should have a bolt at the front as per the Parts Diagram below from Canley Classics

I must admit though that both my previous Vitesses had studs at the front, although one was fitted with a Triumph 2000 Engine were clearance isn't so crucial. 

Regards

Gary

vitesseii_plate_b.jpg

Hi Ben           to make it look pretty!!!!         maybe was it to improve the sealing ???

certainly on GT6 it got a bit tight and clearance was a squeeze ,  what ever its in an area that needs care

never leave a socket on the top and shut the lid  or you get a small power bulge   Ha 

( vit 6 and mk1 shows 3 nuts in parts list )    dont ask who's nuts , dont have orig Mk2 PList

Pete

• Haha 1