Forum Blocked

Unfortunately this forum is blocked to me at work.

I can get into any other forums (Triumph car, VW, BMW motorbike) I visit but not this one.

So whats so special about this forum?

Adrian

When I worked we couldn't look up train time tables because of Virgin Trains. "Nope, you can't look at that!"

There is a company called Triumph who make ladies underwear? Triumph Sports Club takes on a whole new meaning. Could be that.

Doug

That reminds me when I went search for the forum once I ended up at a site that definitely had nothing to do with Triumph cars, cant find it now.

But with this forum I can go to the club website and everything but the forum.

Adrian

its this one,  Doug showed me 

http://uk.triumph.com/new?gclid=CjwKCAjwlPTmBRBoEiwAHqpvhdmq8vx1EKLSwczRg0HX0d9isVdE86Ilkp_0KjjjsBEH8nUQ0TLRExoCjigQAvD_BwE

Kevin the best to answer the setting blocking qualities of our forum  site 

some of these blocks are due to out of date browser's many changed and things like Rimmers would fail till   my settings changed 

Pete

• Haha 1

These days companies will have software to identify sites that are being accessed by their employees and block these sites to stop access during work time, for obvious reasons. In my area a local council identified and prosecuted a councillour for using unsavoury sites on his council paid for computer/phone!! Take care when accessing any site not pertaining to work.. they are watching you.

If the forum is being blocked then the problem is at your end, not the forum end. Your employer has set a policy about which sites can be viewed from their network and for some reason they have decided to block the forum.  It is something you will need to take up with your IT  department.  For me, I am fortunate that my employer doesn’t block the TSSC forum - they do however block the TR Register forum, but as I won’t ever frequent it it doesn’t cause me any problem 

1 hour ago, Spitfire6 said:

Hi,

anybody know why I get the above when I was trying to read a post I had posted in & wished to post.

"MK3 GT6 Popping & banging"

I have tried on different machines & browsers. Do I need to start a new thread?

Cheers,

Iain.

Probably because the person that started the thread in the first place decided to delete the entire thread.

Just now, KevinR said:

Probably because the person that started the thread in the first place decided to delete the entire thread.

Hi,

Thanks for that. A useful feature when it all goes off the thread I guess.

If the OP or anybody remembers who it is; please ask the Original Poster to contact me.

Thanks,

Iain.

1 hour ago, Pete Lewis said:

apart from the good advice i reckon thread drift makes this forum 'Human'

lets hope its not upsetting anyone, its just the spirit of how this   forum  becomes a friendly place 

Pete

Agreed. If you want technical, read the various manuals. If you want advice, experience of how to/not do it, this forum is the place. 'Human' is exactly the right word. This forum is like asking for advice down at the pub/club but on an international scale. You can't beat it. The style won't be for everyone, it never will be, but it suits me... and loads of others. Long may it last.

Just now, dougbgt6 said:

A stiffener is first thing in the morning to get you ready for the day

That's not what I remember it being called.....

However: here we have the real genuine Gentleman's Stiffener, and to please the snifters amongst us I've found it in whiskey flavour too. A guy I used to work with used it daily, at the very least...

Captain-Fawcetts-Gentlemans-Stiffener-Malt-Whisky-Moustache-Wax.jpg.4686e6e4ebc13b14f1151fa72e9a30d7.jpg

Anyway... after all that and re the OP and KevinR's post: I can no longer access the TR Register site as McAfee Antivirus claims it's using Keyloggers, Adware and Spyware. (That site was ok for tips on the TR7 but I could post a query today and get a reply in 2020, if any...)