GT6 mk3 - cold start enrichment on front carb only?

Adrian Saunders

It's a while since I rebuilt the carbs on mine and I don't recall how closely I looked at the choke port on the rear. It's not a big hole and may not be obvious. I'd be slightly surprised if they bothered to fit the little brass tube insert on carbs where the hole wasn't drilled.

1 hour ago, Pete Lewis said:

If its made correctly   with drilled ports you do only have one starting valve but it feeds  both carbs with excess fuel  used by a number of manufactures

Well carbs with holes 

Doesnt apply to Base CD   only  CDS >

Both carbs are temp compensated CDS. The link is pointless, there is no hole into the rear carb. It does start when cold, but of a pig for a few seconds but then seems fine. 

26E2BCBF-01AF-4131-AE71-11F007C82DF9.jpeg

Adrian, If you attach a pipe to the port on the carb and blow into it whilst listening at the air input of the carb, if there is a way through you should hear it.

However, if there isn't then there will be resistance to your blowing air in.

Don't suck!

Dave

8 hours ago, dave.vitesse said:

Adrian, If you attach a pipe to the port on the carb and blow into it whilst listening at the air input of the carb, if there is a way through you should hear it.

However, if there isn't then there will be resistance to your blowing air in.

Don't suck!

Dave

100% not-thru blind hole. I stopped trying to blow through just before I fainted. 

• Haha 1

Not sure if I’m up to speed on this but have you removed and checked the choke assembly . From memory it’s held on by 2 screws 

just re read the post and understand the issue is with the front carb 

Paul 

4 hours ago, Paul H said:

Not sure if I’m up to speed on this but have you removed and checked the choke assembly . From memory it’s held on by 2 screws 

just re read the post and understand the issue is with the front carb 

Paul 

Paul, it’s the rear carb without the thru hole rendering the link to the front pointless. The car works as is, just quite rough on cold start. Maybe the tube is just to prevent an air leak into the front carb. 

Well theres something   amiss with your rear carb ,  they  wouldnt fit the tube with no hole , as thats just a cost waste

Youre hole's has done a runner,  and if they wanted to block   off the feed they would remove the rear feed adaptor from the starting valve  on the front carb   ,,, more money saved 

Anyone with a spare hole post it to  Adrian  he's lost his 

Pete

40 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

Well theres something   amiss with your rear carb ,  they  wouldnt fit the tube with no hole , as thats just a cost waste

Youre hole's has done a runner,  and if they wanted to block   off the feed they would remove the rear feed adaptor from the starting valve  on the front carb   ,,, more money saved 

Anyone with a spare hole post it to  Adrian  he's lost his 

Pete

Is it possible the rear carb is a replacement, and a PO has just stuck the brass pipe into the hole to effectively block off the pipe from the front carb rather than having it left pipeless? It looks original, but no longer functions?