Radio noise - Blaupunkt Hamburg

4 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Certainly! They're called a Smart Car Autoradio  (3th generation!!) and easily found on certain online auction sites :) £11.75 including postage, I've been running one since March 2019 in my modern just to test it and I've no complaints. It will go into the GT6 once I get the dash reassembled.

DSCF6673.jpg.505e1e1de8db314143e110415119f43d.jpg DSCF6674.jpg.cf6e9025fe802fd24801e4c5d72a9d1f.jpg

hi colin, catching up on this thread, is that a radio or just to plug an mp3 player in? if its am/fm radio then its for me . lets know and ill get one. 

It's an FM radio, as well as phone charging in one usb socket, memory stick for music in the other, and an AUX-in in the centre port for connecting other music players.

It's also full remote control, so handy if you put it somewhere where it can't be easily accessed from the driver's seat.

First one did; second came from UK mainland but the seller had a Chinese name. The Chinese one arrived amazingly quickly for such a distance, and was well packaged. I previously bought a different version for about £17, but these are far better quality and with the two knobs it's a nice retro look.

1 hour ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Just think of most of it as a crowd of old duffers arguing around a pub table. Once they've exhausted everything else, they'll get to the point.

Less of the "old" please Colin..................

Tony.

• Haha 1

It reminds me of the description I once heard of the BBC Test Match Special team. A group of old friends down at the 'club' talking about what they love best. The thing is that a lot of us have never met, but still regard each other as 'old friends' (Tony, that's friends of old, not ancient aquaintances!!)

• 1 month later...

Colin - Just ordered one of the Smart Car Autoradios from China. Must be desparate to shift them as they accepred 10.00 for one. Is there anything to watch out for when fitting and wiring up? Hopefully easier to fit in the H frame than the old full depth unit which has just eaten my cassette tape of the Bee Gees (yes, I know, best thing to happen to it), Tragedy really. (Off we go thread drift, old songs again, but we're Stayin' Alive!!)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Badwolf said:

Colin - Just ordered one of the Smart Car Autoradios from China. Must be desparate to shift them as they accepred 10.00 for one. Is there anything to watch out for when fitting and wiring up? 

No, not that I've found so far. The only hassle is connecting the wires from the radio loom to those in your Triumph, but otherwise both of mine are fairly straightforward. Just keep the removal pins that come with it somewhere handy; I find these days that every head unit needs a differently shaped set.

I did notice from the listing that it is supposed to take an SD card but don't see one anywhere to fit one, but its not desperate at a tenner including postage. Doesn't really matter if it gets nicked at that price... at least it will come out and go in easier than my old one which was dreadful to fit in the H frame.

29 minutes ago, Badwolf said:

I did notice from the listing that it is supposed to take an SD card but don't see one anywhere to fit one

I never noticed that but yes it says SD on the listing, but not on the actual box; however it does say you have an input for karaoke microphone, so that will be a real boon for your passengers.

I also noted that it makes a point of stating that it has 'production optimisation by single person assembly which is the most suitable option for export SKD'. In other words - cheapest. One poor worker labouring for peanuts.

• 2 weeks later...

Colin - My super 10 quid radio has just arrived. I don't appear to have any 'removal pins' with it or any instructions for use/programming except for the somewhat sparse instructions (??!!) which are on the box. Before I moan at the seller, did you get pins and instructions with either of your units? Mine definately does not have SD card capability which is a bit naughty, even for 10 quid.

I should have them to hand...wait one.... had to run out and check. Instructions are on the box but I got removal pins with mine ok. Nothing exotic, a couple of wooden stirrers from Starbucks would probably do the same job. I have an entire lifetime's collection of them anyway so have just about every shape and size already.

DSCF7069.jpg.33b62dcf955bd83ecbeff99588439e9a.jpg