Club webserver upgrade

Tom Hartley

A scheduled upgrade of thew club's main website is due to start imminently.

It should be transparent and not affect anyone visiting the site (except perhaps for ten seconds or so) but there is a chance that the site may be affected for a slightly longer period of a ten to twenty minutes or so

The club website https://tssc.org.uk upgrade should be finished by 3pm today, Tue 9th September

Thank you for your understanding

I'm the only AO whose venue doesn't have a post code. We're just "Near Maidenhead" don't ya know.

The Shire Horse, near Maidenhead is SL6 3QA

Not that we're going there at the moment. 

When shall we three meet again? In thunder lightening or in rain?

When the hurly-burly's done,  when the battle's lost and won.

Doug

Doug - Keep taking the tablets...... And are all the details up to date on the main web-site? I haven't checked yours... yet.

2 hours ago, dougbgt6 said:

I'm the only AO whose venue doesn't have a post code. We're just "Near Maidenhead" don't ya know.

...in 'The Village'. 

(sorry, private joke with Doug - how mant threads can I stretch this across?)

:wub:

Haven’t written any, nothing happening. 

I’ve got a lung infection, not THE lung infection, but pleurisy, makes inhaling painful. Paul is in Scotland selling mother’s house. Colin has a broken arm. Mickey has a broken leaf spring. That bloke who wanted a classics engineer in Wokingham? John lives in Wokingham and is on the case. Mark, working at home. Other Mark ditto. Richard, riding his bike. Malcolm, alive but not talking. Andy not coming out to play. Non members not talking. Others, who knows? That’s about it. 

Doug

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dougbgt6 said:

The Shire Horse, near Maidenhead is SL6 3QA

The website already has that postcode - unlike the issue BadWolf was reporting in your area's case it is the Courier which needs updating.

I'll pass it to Nigel to get updated

Tom

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Badwolf said:

Hope it updates all the AOs details along with correct details of the meeting venus, when they atart again... I live in a forlorn hope!!

I checked them all against the first page of the Courier Area Directory and they all seemed correct, with one exception where West Yorks had moved recently to the New Inn. All of the area organisers had been updated and the locations checked and postcodes updated so they show on the natty Areas map on the website

The others all seemed to be spot on. We went through a process about six months ago to get them all up to date so I think they are all correct

If anyone spots any that are wrong, let me know and I'll get it corrected sharpish

tom
PS yes, I know we're not using most (any?) of the venues at the moment, but I'd like to get them as accurate as we can

Just now, Badwolf said:

Doug - Sorry to hear that you are ill, get well soon. (Should we send 'Rover' round to your place - Another Prisoner reference).

Love the potted up to date news round up. I do hate clicking on the area news an finding that the last time anything happened was Christmas 2018, so much for technology.

It's all running at normal speed for me too, but I'm on a very "fat" pipe onto the Internet - I'm getting Speedtest upload and download figures of over 600 !

It could be a bottleneck elsewhere in the internet routing system, or only effect access via some specific ISPs networks.

Th CT was a well used in the past  but the last change corked up any action with sleeping pills  i wasnt being un polite , its a fact 

it cant have done their stake of triumph memberships any good 

Kieth who did a lot of the work washed his hands of it he did come to our meetings but not seen himfor a good while 

hope he's ok there again with lock down there's lots of triumphers ive missed 

Pete