Anybody using Evans?

Roger K

22 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

i would guess it was only boiled for tea breaks

For me (a supertaster), if water has too much filtered out of it it makes tea taste wrong. We had a DI (de-ionised) water tap at old work and one colleague would make tea from it. He thought it tasted fine but it was no good for me. Even at home, when we change the jug filter I have to add a splash of tap water to the kettle for the first week to keep tea tasting right.

Cheers, Richard

Ive got a inline cartridge filter on the mains into the house   the first filter used a charcoal and other stuff filter 

agree   tea  was awful  swapped the filter to plain particle filter and thats a lot better 

just been up to the cold header and the tank has a lot of sand in the bottom so my guess the filter...is'nt  

you can tell if its seated and sealed  when you screw its body on  so now think its a waster 

Pete

Hi I have been using Evans coolant in the TR6 this year I have found that normal use the temperature gauge stays in the usually position but hit traffic jams it goes up just under the red and even with two electric fans stays in the same position until on the move, past years one fan would bring it down so after one years trial and silly cost will be going back to water and antifreeze.

Keith

• 5 weeks later...

The only Real benefit of any "full Glycol" coolant will be corrosion resistance and antifreeze. I believe that even the early RR Merlins used a Glycol/Water mix. And full glycol was used on the high altitude (P_R?) versions. Water is more efficient at "removing" unwanted heat.

But then I did thermodynamics over 50 year ago.

P.s. We have a filter on our system for "Drinking" it does seem to reduce the kettle furring quite substantially.

Pete

30 minutes ago, NonMember said:

One of the nice things about the laws of physics is that they don't change over time.

Errr?. I recently saw a clip where some Physicists are questioning some of the "immutable" law`s. With some focus on the work done by Stephen Hawkin.

Pete

57 minutes ago, PeteH said:

the work done by Stephen Hawkin.

The work done by Professor Hawking is all in the highly speculative theoretical domain of quantum or super-relativistic physics. There are no "immutable" laws in that area yet, just a load of models and theories.