Fuel filters

Gadgetman

• 1 month later...

the nearer the tank you then filter the whole system  not just the  pump to carrbs 

or the opposite thoughts filter as close to the carbs as possiible

remember the more you take a part and refit you stand a good chance of making the dreaded rubber slivers as the metal pipe cuts some off the inside of the fuel hoses 

and for hoses get Gates Barricade  from club shop or anywhere else     market bay  rubber is often complete rubbish 

stick to branded 

Pete

I have one just before the fuel pump and can't really see the advantage of a second one after that. Where would any deposits/impurities/slivers be coming from? If there are any in the system between the pump and carb then initially a filter would catch them but after that once cleared?

I agree with Pete, the more you open up the system the more you risk leaks and contamination when replacing the filter.

I've changed mine once in 5 years just because it became opaque. I cut it open and it looked pretty clean.

51 minutes ago, Chris A said:

Where would any deposits/impurities/slivers be coming from?

Oooo! Chris! The dread rubber SLIVERS!!!!

Little slivers of rubber from the inside of the fuel pipe, due to inserting/re-inserting metal pipe and general rubber deterioration. I've had my carbs off three times in quick succession due to blocked inlet valves.

Doug