Triumph 2000 window winder handle

Woody2000

Hi having trouble with the pin in the handle put one in and it fell out !!! a few days after fitting it 

ordered two new ones but they go straight through the handle from all directions 

do I need a new handle or is another way to sort this problem ???

..and you also have the escutcheon disc over the spring, behind the winder handle? On my Spit this disc is the bit that stops the pin from falling out. It also stops the pin from coming out when you need to remove it. Some Triumph designers were sadists.

the spring  goes behind the door card the plastic escutcheon loads the handle and retains the pin in place

do you have the  coil spring fitted ,   if missing a good foam pad can work  but you should have to push the door card quite hard  to expose the pin 

if its all sloppy something is missing 

Pete

Pete - Thanks for the tip about the spring. I was never sure if it went behind the door card or in front fitting in the plastic disc. I'm sure that I also have some scrappy bits of foam there as well, may be anti vibration stuff. Some of the parts diagrams appear to be a little vague.... like me?? Problem sorted.

A big magnetic plate under the door I’d hate to think how many I’ve lost over the years Oh I do eventually find them but am amazed as to where they have bounced  and rolled to!

I use a big speaker magnet and grovel around the concrete garage floor amazing what else I pick up to.

On 04/07/2021 at 12:05, Badwolf said:

+1 for the speaker magnet. Put it in a plastic bag before you start. It saves having to pick of all the steel filings afterwards. Take the magnet out out the bag and all the stuff it has collected drops into a handy tin can.

That's a good tip - cheers