Vitesse/Hearld Hub puller.

Wagger

40 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

it says Gt6 Mk2 and 3 Rotoflex only; never knew there was a difference

I'm not at all sure what the guy's on about either. The main difference between roto and non-roto hubs is that the non-roto are fitted on a taper and weld themselves on. I don't recognise the "adapter plate" he claims you need for Spitfires. I've done both Spitfires and rotoflex GT6 with the same hub puller, which was probably an early version of the club one, or may have come from John Kipping. Sadly it went missing years ago.

I cannot see why this would not work on non roto hubs. Unless there is a significant dimensional difference?.

But if that be the case surely the PCD would be different? The Hub shown looks identical to the 13/60?

Pete

Taper shaft fits are notoriously good at fusing together. (Some refer to it as 'Cold Welding'). I have had to tighten pullers up, stuff the whole lot in the chest freezer (when cook was out). Then pour boiling water over the outer part in order to break the join. Always leave the retaining nut or bolt just a turn slack or it could shoot you somewhere really painful when it releases.

In extreme cases I have used a blowlamp, but that really should be a last resort as the part could be degraded or made brittle. (See what I wrote about 'Materials' in the general section)

Anyway, I need one of these but, for some stupid reason, the site won't let me log in and order one. It did not like 'Firefox' last time. Can I phone in and order one?

7 hours ago, Wagger said:

Taper shaft fits are notoriously good at fusing together. (Some refer to it as 'Cold Welding'). I have had to tighten pullers up, stuff the whole lot in the chest freezer (when cook was out). Then pour boiling water over the outer part in order to break the join. Always leave the retaining nut or bolt just a turn slack or it could shoot you somewhere really painful when it releases.

In extreme cases I have used a blowlamp, but that really should be a last resort as the part could be degraded or made brittle. (See what I wrote about 'Materials' in the general section)

Anyway, I need one of these but, for some stupid reason, the site won't let me log in and order one. It did not like 'Firefox' last time. Can I phone in and order one?

I know of one in Uckfield. Drop me a message if interested.

Otherwise Ian Gittings is the chap who has been making/supplying these for years. The adapter plate is an extra bit.....think it helps in some part of the process.