Can I use E10 in my MK 2 Vitesse

Paul H

Hi I’m travelling from the Wirral to Bury St Edmunds on Tuesday in my Vitesse and petrol supply up here is bleak to say the least , E10 is more available than E5 , Is it ok to use as a once off . It would be a 50/50 mix E5 premium and E10 . I have octane boost 

Paul 

E10. is widely "advertised" as being OK for vehicles 2011 and later. That said the quality of any "hose" should be checked. The E10 issue is widely overhyped IMV. And in any case, most of "our" car would be better run on Higher octane fuel, which is by and large E5 (and 10p per litre more expensive!), But, hey! that is the new green agenda.

Pete

8 hours ago, dougbgt6 said:

I had to fill up with E10 coming home from Duxford, didn't notice any difference in urge, although once home, in traffic, difficult to keep tick over up. 

Doug

Hi Doug , thanks for info . Did you use octane boost ? 
Paul 

I have to admit to "panic buying". When the local garge put up a sign saying "no Diesel". I went out and found one with Diesel. and filled up. and both  my "modern" and SWMBO`s too.

I have bad memories of the "Arab Oil Crisis!". Getting back to Liverpool to join a ship, with all my "Sea Gear", study books Etc: was a nightmare!. Cabin trunks do not endear you to British Rail!, nor to Taxi Drivers!. No one could, or would, rent a Hire car and ours was so low on fuel we`d never have made it. Never mind got wife and kid`s back home!.

Pete

I recall being in the UK on holiday in 2000 during the fuel tanker drivers strike.
Rolling blokes on the motorways, farmers and trucks blocking the town centres and huge queues at the fuel stations.
Kendall was hilarious as the 'blockade' came round every 10 minutes as they didnt have enough vehicles.
The paranoia when you saw more than 2 trucks together on the motorways was interesting as they might do a rolling block.
We travelled in a rented  21ft wobblybox so fueled up whenever we could 

maybe their worried about getting bogged in the bulldust or soft sand not unknown in the outback, I don't know why they all stopped? it just showed a jack knifed road train & a que of trucks waiting behind it, & with the way the WA Govt has separated from the rest of Aus with Covid with their isolation policies the (temp) loss of transport tickled my sense of humor. 

A bit like China having power outages due to the lack of coal, and they stopped buying Aus coal as we queried the cause of the original Covid outbreak so they banned our coal, it's called rough justice in my book!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RogerH said:

I still have the coupons.

Roger

I had until fairly recently, the most recent clearout saw them finally into the recycling.

There are day`s, when watching the news, make one wish they could block "La Manche"!.

Pete