New Year

Unkel Kunkel

Well I’m knackered -  I’m off to bed.

but I wish to extend the  very Best Wishes to All who use this forum in advance of the midnight hour.

For the very  therapeutic enjoyment you have given me - your  advice,  your humour, and your companionship  in trying times, Thank You everyone.

- and I wish  you all a Happy and Healthy 2022.

Andrew

• Thanks 1

I made it to 23.30 c/o the latest James Bond movie but the last 30 minutes defeated me, as did beer and a small quantity of Grey Goose. Woke up this morning and it's all the same as yesterday... first Direct Debit for monthly bills was taken at 3.00am!! Someone working late? Very breezy here, but clear skies... might take the Herald out for a run and claim the road back from the cyclists.

Happy-New-Year-Meme-13-334f.jpeg.f4b2980cfeafa4809fc270f573c5cb17.jpeg

2 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

might take the Herald out for a run

I did this morning. Spring like weather.

Flying jacket : on

Woolly hat : on

Gloves : on

Hood : down

Ignition :on

Blast off! Well more like a relaxed cruise on the empty roads at about 60mph, well ok then there were bits when it 'crept' up a bit more.

2022 off to a good start!

Saw it through to midnight with 'Where Eagles Dare" followed by what is probably not a very acceptable choice these days "The Towering Inferno". Saw in the New Year, loads of fireworks then Jools Holland 'til 1.30. Should have gone to bed or turned to the other side. Late start. Not in the mood for much. Too old for late nights these days. Kidding myself that I am doing something useful on here.

A Happy New Year to everyone.

Wife and I went to Boisdales a Jools Holland club to see a tribute ABBA band. They were really good, as you would expect from a JH venue. The most enjoyable night out in nearly two years! My head and feet hurt, the years are taking their toll....or was it the two bottles of red? 

Iain 

The damn local fireworks woke me from my chemo induced stupor at 2345 but I nodded off again @0015 so not too bad. I hope you all have a better year than last. You have all inspired me to re-establish my tool kit and to partake in knuckle stripping ventures far beyond my capabilities BUT I have loved it. The car is now as good as it gets, which is great as my capabilities have fallen to zero and may not return :(

All the best to you all and please bear with my occasional moan (the wife wears earplugs now)