Nuts and Bolts

Jack10

Hello,

Im wondering if anyone has ever used the Triumph GT6 In a Box from imperialnutsandbolts.com

https://shop.imperialnutsandbolts.com/product/triumph-gt6-in-a-box-the-ultimate-bolt-fastener-set-1800-pieces/

It looks like it would save quite a bit of time than having to order the bits separately.

Looking for any advice if its good or bad

Cheers

Jack

I have 2, or maybe 3?. Old Buscuit tins, literally full of old (and new) nuts and bolts, saved my bacon a few times. But I can see the attraction of a "pack". One advantage being you only pay postage once?. I am fortunate, as we have a local "ironmongers" who keep just about every size imaginable!. (Scotts, In Hull) I`ve had BSF and AF (UN) off them in recent times. Canley do a fast(ish) turnaround too, but the postage can be as much as the item!.

Pete

I very rarely buy new bolts, the old ones 95% of the time are fine to reuse, and are better quality than the new ones. Especially when ssome have pointed ends etc, which none of th enew ones are.

Buying bags of new nylocs are not expensive.

If you really want new stuff, most of the usual suspects will sell kits. 

GT6 in a box, sounds good, but not broken down into areas so it is probably a good selection, but I suspect it is all the common sizes. It does claim to cover 90%, so you can bet all the unusual ones are missing. But you won't know until you have spent ages rummaging through the box, and end up having to order it.

"Handy" things to have are a few "die nuts". Often found fairly cheap at "jumbles", Brilliant for cleaning up old/crusty threads. Another "trick" is partial saw cuts through the thread in a Nut will often remove softer crap more easily?. Sadly. Most of the 13/60`s Chassis bolts had to be removed with an Angle grinder!!, so that was a full set of new ones!.

Pete

2 hours ago, 68vitesse said:

Have used Spalding Fastners, most deliveries have been next day it ordered by early afternoon.

https://www.spaldingfasteners.co.uk/

Regards

Paul

+1 for Spalding, they usually manage 24 hour delivery and my last order was so cheap I had to repeatedly check that I wasn't ordering just one item instead of twenty.