Any problems due to E10 usage reported yet?

Jeffds1360

Been running my Stag and BGT6 on E10 most of the time, have tried e5 and noticed no difference. Several chaps on the Stag owner forum from the USA, where they have been running E10 for well over a decade can't understand what we are making all the fuss about.....tend to agree with them.  Mac.

I can understand the worries about old rubber and E10. I can understand using Gates fuel pipe so that you know what you are getting. What I don't understand is that surely every recent car on the road using petrol is fitted with E10 proof fuel pipes so any modern car in a scrappy should have E10 safe fuel pipe. You should be able to pick up yards of the stuff really cheaply from the local scrapyard. Even the local motor factors should be selling decent fuel pipe off the roll. I think that Colin mentioned this a little way back.

10 minutes ago, Badwolf said:

Even the local motor factors should be selling decent fuel pipe off the roll.

When I got my 13/60 it has braid covered hoses from pump to carb that were porous so I simply went to my local parts shop and got him to match the size required. He produced Gates which is for all fuel grades and also for higher pressures than our mechanical pumps. At the time I had not come across any 'concerns'. So yes a proper shop should offer stuff that is more than suitable.

14 minutes ago, Chris A said:

So yes a proper shop should offer stuff that is more than suitable.

I am/have been running the little Peugot, on E10. What I did notice was when we had a bit of a shortage and I put some E5 in it, the "feeling" was it ran marginally better. Probably just the Phsycology?.

Pete

yes all modrens for years have a decent spec fuel hose  its the aftermarket fake and hopelss junk offered on market places for the 

ununkowing to empty the wallet on substandard   parts 

any reputable supplier should be offering branded hose of a specified quality 

avoid blister packs of who knows what hose 

Pete

1 hour ago, PeteH said:

I am/have been running the little Peugot, on E10. What I did notice was when we had a bit of a shortage and I put some E5 in it, the "feeling" was it ran marginally better. Probably just the Phsycology?.

Pete

the better running would be because of the higher octane rating, not the different ethanol content.

I think there is a lot of confusion on the matter (and in some cases paranoia)

40 minutes ago, Badwolf said:

On reflection.of course there is nothing to stop any motor factor buying cheap cr*p off fleabay and reselling it over the counter by the yard. Not that anyone would do that, of course.

My local one not only sells to joe public but supplies just about every small garage and main dealer in the whole area, so they can't cut corners. down side is whenever I go they are always busy with professionals there or dealing with them on the phone so it takes ages.

21 minutes ago, johny said:

The only thing that bugs me with motor factors is theres normally one price for joe public and another for garages so when Im standing there paying for something Im sure the mechanic next to me would get it with a substantial saving😡

He doesn't get a discount you pay a supplement 🤑

• Thanks 1

As a local Triumph club we negiotated trade discount with a major motor trade chain of companies, very handy Best deal was when I needed a diode pack for my sons Alfa alternator eons ago retail was around $75 got it for  just over $30.

Got the discount even tho item wasn’t for a Triumph left that club around 7 years ago still get trade prices