1965 Herald hatchback on Ebay

steveo

I saved an old article from a motoring mag some years ago. It included a photo of a (the?) coupe.  However it appears to show both rear windows to be the same shape?   I thought the N/S was different to see which suited the design.

Ignore the subject of the article.

customstreet.jpg

SWMBO, thinks it look`s nice, why did it get sidelined?. I don`t think she was as impressed with the asking price though?😁. Swapping for the later 13/60 bonnet would not be a hard job. I think I`d have gone for the Vitesse Bonnet though?.

Pete

4 hours ago, mark powell said:

I saved an old article from a motoring mag some years ago. It included a photo of a (the?) coupe.  However it appears to show both rear windows to be the same shape?   I thought the N/S was different to see which suited the design.

customstreet.jpg

Hello Mark - do you recall if there was any text (previous/next Page) to go with the picture & if so do you have a scan?

What magazine was it in - the file title of your pic. suggest 'cutomstreet' or similar from July 84.

Many thanks - Chris

6 minutes ago, Chris Longhurst said:

Hello Mark - do you recall if there was any text (previous/next Page) to go with the picture & if so do you have a scan?

What magazine was it in - the file title of your pic. suggest 'cutomstreet' or similar from July 84.

Many thanks - Chris

Sorry Chris, what you see is all I have. Scanned some years ago and all magazines since disposed of.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mark powell said:

customstreet.jpg

1BD45B76-99EA-46DB-B327-9AF12E480839.thumb.png.2eb1b3eb1e1e2bebdf16367292b7737a.png

48 minutes ago, NonMember said:

'm not entirely convinced by the styling of the real thing

Far better in view that many/most of the more modern offerings in a pure styling sense?. I have a (well herself has,) a Modern SUV. good vehicle with no issues, but definitely lacks in the "style dep`t". But that I supose IS modern life, wholesale Dumming Down?. "Creativity" went out with the corporate desire for "bottom line". The vast majority of moderns are merely clones.

Pete

2 hours ago, Peter Truman said:

A couple of days ago I watched a YouTube of Mr Grunby being interviewed with the original Fastback,  which after restoration by Jigsaw is I understood to be in his possession now! 

Hi Peter 

it is in my garage you are correct but is now for sale on car and classic, i am hoping to find a new custodian for this amazing piece of Triumph history 

• Like 1