Which battery

Dalek

Measure the width of the battery bracket and see what fits. I have an 075 fitted in the Herald (a Banner 560 09) and it's got loads of starting power, more than enough for the 4 cylinder so should certainly suit the 6. Make sure whatever you go for that the terminals are to the rear to avoid any risk of contact with the battery retaining clamp.

3 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Make sure whatever you go for that the terminals are to the rear to avoid any risk of contact with the battery retaining clamp.

The son does ice hockey and as a goalie has broken a few sticks where the shafts are made of carbon fibre, so thinking they wouldn't rust I cut the rectangular  shaft diagonally, so I got an angle. I thought they cleared the front located battery posts but in a darkened garage you could see a slow red glow burn, an arched file cut out for greater clearance cured that, but interesting DIY initial fail.  

just be aware that the 063 that people are recommending (me as well) has the terminals the other way around so the go at the back which is not a big deal and could be considered a good thing as they are away from the clamp

• 1 month later...

My son transferred a taller battery to my mk1 Vitesse from one of his scrap cars. I extended the 'Reach' of the retaining hooks by using a short length of chain. Gonna make some longer hooks one day.

This battery will crank the car for about 5 mins using ten second attempts with a 20 second rest in between. No need to do that any more now fuel feed is sorted.