Vitesse/Herald Convertible sun visors

Bruce Raybould

Don’t give up looking.
I was looking for some last year and was lucky enough to get some from Spitfire graveyard.

For me, it was definitely a case of looking on internet, local shows, and club forums.

Best of luck with your search.

Pete.

• Like 1

I replaced my Vitesse Mk2 saloon sun visors when I converted it to a convertible with similar to 1960's aftermarket tinted perspex but made locally here in Melbourne using the original Triumph brackets the visor back hinge is actually the original soft/foam that was stapled to the thin hardboard the foam was attached to, the trim screws are from stationary file front/back covers.

The original vinyl sun visors foam had totally disintegrated, the covers were ok but had to be cut off. 

See Pics 

Vitesse Tinted Sun Visor erected.JPG

Aftermarket Tinted Vitesse Sun Visor 1.JPG

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Steve P said:

Stoneleigh spares day in a couple of weeks, not too far from you so maybe worth a look. What colour do you want?.

Steve

Can't get this year sadly but I will ask someone to take a look for me. White would match the car!

28 minutes ago, foshi said:

has been painted one side at some point so will need a little bit of sorting out

100_2958.JPG

100_2959.JPG

That looks promising thank you.  A  bit of tlc will soon get that looking good again. Can you post? How many beer tokens might you require? Email if it's easier.  Bruceraybould@gmail.com..with thanks.  Bruce 

6 minutes ago, Chris A said:

That doesn't look the same as the ones I refurbished on my 13/60 convertible

Note the end of the bars

Sunvisorpreassemble.thumb.JPG.e9be704772fcbf7ca26528cd5478df84.JPG

I always wondered what they looked like?

Why oh why don't Newton Commercial remanufacture these, there must be a market for them.

Gary 

16 hours ago, Chris A said:

That doesn't look the same as the ones I refurbished on my 13/60 convertible

It's a saloon version, the long bar at either end goes into bolted outer supports or the centre mirror stalk, not the small screw-in version of the convertible (pic of thin saloon versions below). They're heavier than convertible versions (the metalwork, that it) so while you can pull the bar out and replace it with the smaller version you'll need to bulk it out otherwise it will be loose.

I have plenty of the thin versions but if you want the padded ones, in white, they're very hard to find. You can just make them out in my convertible photo. They all clean up very well with a good upholstery cleaner. 

sunvisors.jpg.d6232eefeb2a1e7702e60d83f9cda2e4.jpg  DSCF2503.JPG.7a7921fbbd243fe74001ed3cdb40fd20.JPG

I replaced the padding and bought covers that are held in place by velcro. At the time they were quite a good price. They were on Ebay, the company was JF Boots in New Malden Surrey, I think they have moved and become JF Customs. The email was/is : maciekdekert@hotmail.com. It loooks as if they are on the bay with the new name but no idea if they still do the same products.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Chris A said:

I replaced the padding and bought covers that are held in place by velcro. At the time they were quite a good price. They were on Ebay, the company was JF Boots in New Malden Surrey, I think they have moved and become JF Customs. The email was/is : maciekdekert@hotmail.com. It loooks as if they are on the bay with the new name but no idea if they still do the same products.

Thank you Chris