Fallen in Love

Gary Flinn

Actually, I was thinking why are electric cars so boring in shape. You think that without radiators, large petrol engines/gearboxes people could design better/nicer designs.

You think this car was born from someone's mind.

Are our designers soooo boring!

Graham

Ps. Sorry been watching classic volts, amazing the electric motors/gearboxes  are quite small, largest components are the batteries which are rectangluar /square.

Quite simple.

I found Jay Leno's Garage recently and his 1916 Owen Magnetic. A petrol electric Hybrid patented in 1897. It had regenerative braking. Also found another early electric car from the early steam and petrol era. Certainly not boring.

21 hours ago, Graham C said:

Actually, I was thinking why are electric cars so boring in shape. You think that without radiators, large petrol engines/gearboxes people could design better/nicer designs.

I know that with most cars it's all to do with H&S - the shape is now for protection of pedestrians surfing their phones, not for any aesthetic purpose, so that's why so many now look the same. EVs however don't need to follow the same pattern, so it must be for familiarity, so they don't scare buyers off by being too radical.

Those of a "certain age" will remember that John Nettles, In the Bergerac Series, drove a 1948? Triumph Roadster. Nettles, in an interview, was asked about the car, his quote was that the Brakes (or lack thereoff) frightened the S88t out of him.

Pete

2 hours ago, PeteH said:

Those of a "certain age" will remember that John Nettles, In the Bergerac Series, drove a 1948? Triumph Roadster. Nettles, in an interview, was asked about the car, his quote was that the Brakes (or lack thereoff) frightened the S88t out of him.

Pete

My friend Richard sniffs that Bergerac's Roadster was only an 1800cc whereas his is the full 2000cc !

DSC00572.JPG

15 hours ago, Iain T said:

You need 5 for Colonel Bogey! 

Yes, 5 for La Cucaracha, When my two Grandaughters found out that was what Jeff had fitted to "Plum". I had visions of the neighbours getting the pitch forks out!. In the end I pulled the fuse. Not sure if they can be "reprogramed". But I think they will have to come off.

The American Motorhome came with these on the roof.:- Hadlys.jpg.45e8bbef514c7680a26f2a0e47a06777.jpg

Definitely get you noticed🤣

Pete

Edited by PeteH

8 hours ago, Iain T said:

What about a CB radio? 

Yup, Had one of those too, A bunch of us went en-convoy, to Spain, it was (then, 90`s) the only real means of keeping the group together!. Mine was a hangover from the 80`s, dashing all over the west country it was one way of dodging the worst of the traffic congestion, just listened to the Truck drivers, for warnings of "square wheels", and "smoky`s in the bushes".🤣🤣. Quite "entertaining" too at times.

Pete