How Much!

I got one of those! Except my diagram still has the white paint. I swapped it for a nice wooden one. I don't know where the old one is, I think it may be in the rubbish bin destined for the dump!

I'm logging off now, I may be some time!

Doug

• Haha 1

It was often commented on that the Herald, being beloved of learners and Driving Instructors, had a plain knob whilst the GT6 and Vitesse being sportier and therefore more suited to experienced drivers had the embossed version. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

It was often commented on that the Herald, being beloved of learners and Driving Instructors, had a plain knob whilst the GT6 and Vitesse being sportier and therefore more suited to experienced drivers had the embossed version. 

The logic of that must have been that learners weren't capable of taking their eyes off the road to look at it whilst the flashy drivers of GT6s & Vitesses could. 😁

I was one of those learners back in 1970, can't remember what sort of knob was fitted. I do remember that as my lecons were on a Saturday afternoon and on my first lecon we were heading for the town football ground and it was the time when the match would be ending, I was hoping they would have been playing away not a home match, but no - hundreds of supporters swamping the road and me just praying that it would be ok...

3 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

I've read that before Colin

I've also read the Vitesse was fitted with a larger Ashtray because Vitesse Drivers were Cigar Smokers😁

Regards

Gary

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Gary Flinn said:

I've read that before Colin

I've also read the Vitesse was fitted with a larger Ashtray because Vitesse Drivers were Cigar Smokers😁

Regards

Gary

Was the Vitesse also fitted with coathooks? Or was that too girly?

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Was the Vitesse also fitted with coathooks? Or was that too girly?

Yes, I think they where on the Saloons.

They also had an additional interior light, and headlining material up the 'A' Posts on the saloon models compared with the Herald

I suppose the door capping's and these additions were considered luxuries back in the 60's

Gary 

Edited by Gary Flinn

I read somewhere that the diagram was on the Herald but the plain one was on the Vitesse because Vitesse drivers knew where to find their gears.  Probably apocryphal.

c.

I've got a hard knob, let me rephrase that. The gear lever knob in my 13/60 is the solid version bought new a couple of years ago under the part number for the Herald. The one fitted when I got the car was a wooden one with the Triumph logo on. I manage to remember where the gears are without markings on it.

2 minutes ago, Chris A said:

You would!

My intention is to take the car to a local show and when one of the local flat-cap 'experts' asks about it, tell him there was a choice of black, white or grey when the car was ordered, and you told the Dealer your preference. I just know that someone will nod sagely and agree.  

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Colin Lindsay said:

My intention is to take the car to a local show and when one of the local flat-cap 'experts' asks about it, tell him there was a choice of black, white or grey when the car was ordered, and you told the Dealer your preference. I just know that someone will nod sagely and agree.  

Wicked sense of humour Mr Lindsay! I've got an 'AA' badge on the front of my 13/60, I'm sure the French think it's because I'm a member of Alcoholics Anonymous. 

• Haha 1

Mine still has the white, because of the "odd" way I operated it. "Odd" apparently, because I grip it with my fingers and not the palm of my sweaty hand. I got a pretty wooden one with a Triumph logo, but the thread insert is a nylon bush which eventually stripped. I had major headache finding a metal insert with the right thread. Might put the old one back.

Doug

Edited by dougbgt6