Hello from Paula and her Vitesse

I thought I’d have another go at patching some rust. I’ve uncovered quite a lot.

I cut the square hole out from the outside. This is probably beyond my terrible welding skills.

I’ve got to have a go though I guess.

4A4E1ED0-E308-446C-8EB9-CCC9A218F29C.jpeg

E22951A5-DC6E-425A-BA7E-25B8941787E2.jpeg

A97C45CF-35BD-4FBF-973A-F0EDB8A2D627.jpeg

i used Marine Epoxy on a number filled areas on the Vitesse  it lasts for years 

doesnt absorb moisture like std body filler but its a tough job to flat back its much harder stuff 

i had a plastic padding marine  resin but cant see that now ......... i guess  this is similar ??

Plastic Padding Teroson Marine Filler (Up 610) Giant 787g Tin. Wood, GRP etc. 7311380001130 | eBay

Pete

• Like 1

The rest of the spots are going to be rubbed down treated filled undercoated with Rustoleum then sprayed triumph white. I only get the welder out when I really need too. For obvious reasons!

This just needs a final run down and the spray. 

image.jpg

2 minutes ago, johny said:

Yes its driving time at the moment and leave the repairs for winter (well if youve got somewhere reasonably dry of course)!

Just out in the street unfortunately. I’m quite known in the area 😂

3 minutes ago, johny said:

blimey, welding in the street - hats off to you😁

It’s annoying. I practice in the garden on scrap and it’s ok, but as soon as I get out to the car I’m terrible again. I think it’s the different materials and odd joints. When I practice it’s on nice new metal. I’d love to do a little course, but I can’t find one. 

5 hours ago, Paula said:

It’s annoying. I practice in the garden on scrap and it’s ok, but as soon as I get out to the car I’m terrible again. I think it’s the different materials and odd joints. When I practice it’s on nice new metal. I’d love to do a little course, but I can’t find one. 

Yes, my brother used to teach body work at a college but it got more and more difficult because its expensive and dangerous to run (compared with hairdressing or computer studies for example) and now the big insurers and dealerships have their own set ups and train in house so taking away potential trainees. Unfortunately this has had the knock-on effect of making finding an evening class for the public almost impossible☹️

• Sad 1