Hello from Paula and her Vitesse

14 minutes ago, Paula said:

I think this is the way.
I'm now more worried they are too big.

That stem is too long for the spot to fit on front of the bonnet in an upright position, unless the mounting pivots, and any bracket you use will need to be quite long to clear the valence as the bonnet tilts but you could always turn the body sideways; just rotate the glass to the proper position afterwards. Ideally you need the rear-mounted versions:

20049603635653525.jpg.db2154e4d91cd65b91a91f55281db32f.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

That stem is too long for the spot to fit on front of the bonnet in an upright position, unless the mounting pivots, and any bracket you use will need to be quite long to clear the valence as the bonnet tilts but you could always turn the body sideways; just rotate the glass to the proper position afterwards. Ideally you need the rear-mounted versions:

20049603635653525.jpg.db2154e4d91cd65b91a91f55281db32f.jpg

I haven’t thought this through at all have I? 😂

How about roof mounted! 

I took my spots off as I thought it restricted airflow. They did cover a lot of the grille! The lamps were rear fixed onto brackets that pass through the grille. The grille has a couple of the Ali links cut to suit. I never used the lamps and thought it better to cool the engine as much as possible and upgrade the existing lamps with relays and possible halogen bulbs. 

Them's is big lamps! 

Iain 

Back to the spot brackets again then... these are to fit 'Senior Fantastic' 7" diameter lamps; admittedly to the Herald but there must be equivalent points on the Vitesse that will enable them to tilt with the bonnet.

CE5C6A4D-1618-48D7-A9B2-2D7930BE5DA2_1_105_c.jpg.2a0c6a1b95ad319a430fff7eaaf15c48.jpg

I can find nothing about Senior Fantastic spots; only fantastic seniors which is completely irrelevant but does make me feel young.

19 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Back to the spot brackets again then... these are to fit 'Senior Fantastic' 7" diameter lamps; admittedly to the Herald but there must be equivalent points on the Vitesse that will enable them to tilt with the bonnet.

CE5C6A4D-1618-48D7-A9B2-2D7930BE5DA2_1_105_c.jpg.2a0c6a1b95ad319a430fff7eaaf15c48.jpg

I can find nothing about Senior Fantastic spots; only fantastic seniors which is completely irrelevant but does make me feel young.

Surely with all the stuff i have hanging around i can do something like that.

Just now, Pete Lewis said:

is my gearbox still running ok ???

Pete

Yes perfect!
I think a bit has fallen off the top as i can now move the stick too far to the left, but i'm putting that off as i hate taking the tunnel out.
I think i bought the wrong rear mounting too as it's too high at the back. I'm waiting for slightly better weather.
Shouldn't be messing about with spotlights really! There's also quite a lot of bodywork to do!

16 minutes ago, Paula said:

Stuck them on a piece of wood and wired them up.

probably sell them to a hipster for £400. 😂

CF4612C8-DD03-439D-9A7A-17FB6D88F5B4.jpeg

They can go with the sofa made from a Herald front end that’s funnily still not sold on eBay…