Vitesse. pressing brake pedal and throttle pedal at same time sometimes, when braking

daverclasper

I have done it a few times in my 13/60, I now think about what shoes to wear when driving it and pick a pair as narrow as possible. It is definitely unsettling when it happens. 😨

I  have also wondered about getting the accelerator / brake pedal bent to increase the gap

Edited by Chris A

Dave, I learnt to drive on Herald's back in the 1960's and never had any problems until recent times. It maybe the wider spacing or the driving position on other cars. Or in my case my feet may  have got broader! So yes you are not the only person.

Dave   

Pete, I believe they did, on the Vitesse it was around late 1962 following comments from the motoring press. But it doesn't appear to have been too successful.

I was told when learning to drive on a Herald to keep my left foot over away from the throttle when braking. It was said that you could always tell a Herald/Vitesse driver as they walked with their feet pointing out!   

54 minutes ago, dave.vitesse said:

Dave, I learnt to drive on Herald's back in the 1960's and never had any problems until recent times. It maybe the wider spacing or the driving position on other cars. Or in my case my feet may  have got broader! So yes you are not the only person.

Dave   

I learnt to drive in one as well, back in 1971, and don't recall having this problem. Must have been due to wearing winkle pickers.

Winkle-Picker-Blk-Calf-Hero.jpg.7f8e091bd377f67935db56fc935e2f36.jpg

• Haha 1

Chris, that look suspiciously like a Ladies boot, but I suppose you can get away with that in France.

These are my boots, Barkers extra wide fitting. I've occasionally had that "What the ******!!!" moment with the pedals, not helped in the GT6 by sitting at an angle to the front. 

barkers.PNG.261d6ffa05bbca68d8684f7b16dc901a.PNG

Doug

• 1 month later...