Joint triumph meeting the way forward?

saxplayer

2 hours ago, dougbgt6 said:

we are free on this forum to post as we see fit, even if some of it is nonsense and some it off at a tangent.

Indeed, and the threads often drift in interesting directions, but the OP did specifically request that we didn't drift this thread too far.

On 04/09/2019 at 15:24, saxplayer said:

im posting this on the general topic as I do not want it to be hijacked or go off tangent.

Doug, as for there being no active admins, have you not met Kevin? He has a light touch but he is definitely keeping an eye on us!

Adrian

• Thanks 1

Ok apologise to mishmosh, but does moderator mean admin? I don't think it does, well not in the way bfg is suggesting. Is it the moderator's purpose to pass things onto the CoM?

bfg,

"oh sorry, did I misinterpret this  . . " Some more irony, or is that sarcasm?  :lol:

Positive or negative is not the issue.

"But unless everyone here thinks we've exhausted every possibility regarding improvements to the  Joint Triumph meeting and possibly other regional events too - then please let's get back to it."  

This is the teacher telling the class to do as he tells them and get back to the point.  Others merely want to tell you about history and why things are the way they are and how this affects what you are trying to achieve. 

You have some interesting views which should be put to the organisers of the event, but how are you going to do it?

Doug

Adrian,

yes I know Kevin, when I first joined I asked him what warning points were and he asked if I wanted one. :lol:

I don't think the thread has been drifted, the history of the CoM and the forum needs to be understood to get the points being made across. 

Doug

Doug / All, The forum admin team has 5 moderators; Myself, Graham Cartwright, Andy Brooker, Simon Morgan and Sue Franklin. We all have the power to edit and/or delete any post from any member, as well as merging threads. We can also issue warning points and temporarily suspend members who transgress the rules. In addition Simon and I also have additional Admin rights, so we can add or delete complete sections of the forum, as well as change the look and feel of the forum, and change things such as the thresholds for members ranks, as well as setting the ranks themselves. Simon then has the rights of a "Super Admin", where he, and he alone, has the ability to go really deep into the setup and install new features and security patches. As far as communicating with the CoM is concerned, ANY member can send an email to the Chris Gunby, the General Secretary. Gensec@tssc.org.uk or send him a private message here on the forum - username Triumph948 Whilst most of the CoM members are not particularly active posting here on the forum, they do keep an eye on things. Chris Gunby and Jayne Rowley are regular visitors, and Jayne also actively manages the Club Facebook and Twitter pages.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Thanks,  Kevin, for explaining that.

Yes, a message to The Chair is OK, but it's the same as a letter.  The writer is just one voice, crying in the wilderness. People post on open forums in the hope of gaining support for their ideas, which a private letter cannot do.

A longer way would be to write to.The Chair, email or post, and say, eg, this proposal has the support of X people in the messageboard, as of dd/mm/yy.    But instead, any post gets discussion, not support.

Is there a way here, as some boards do, to have polls on important subjects?      EG, because I've advocated it, "the next Joint Club Weekend should be at Duxford".      The answers should be (in this case) Yes or No.       No discussion, a poll.

No doubt others would wish to do the same for Malvern or Stratford, or somewhere else.    They could run for anytime, while discussion continued, and be available for the Chair, or anybody, to consult to find an estimate of Club opinion.

So, may we have a "Poll" button please?

John

PS "A referendum?!?!? Not ANOTHER one!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, dougbgt6 said:

Above the Title, a blue bar with Content and Poll buttons?

db

on my iPhone the blue bar says “content” and has a down arrow at the other end of the box. Press the down arrow and lo and behold you get “poll”.

• Thanks 1

John,

On my android phone the box is white with a blue border and says "content" - with a down arrow on the right end.

Click "start new topic", then select the forum section you want the post (or poll) to appear in and press "continue", then just above the "Title" box is the "content" line with the down arrow.

Press the down arrow to get the "poll" line to appear.

Works exactly the same on my IPhone and my Samsung Android phone.

Kevin

Thank you, Kevin, for explaining that.

But can't make it work (on my Fire tablet now).

Whatever i do it says "Something went wrong. Check the values provided on the marked tabs and try again.".   Truly Microsoftic in the inscrutabilty of this error message.

John

• 1 month later...

Gentlemen, 

This started out a great thread but why on why do we have have to keep going back  years and years things have CHANGED ,

The event that everyone said would never happen happened !!

Any feedback is fantastic good or bad your Com  see it , I am on here most days either signed  in or not !!

please don’t despair I know you all haven’t got pointy heads, 

The first joint event between the Tssc and the Tr reg was a lot of work for both clubs , we both do things so differently but managed to pull off a great  weekend for everyone.

we know some things worked better than others  and will look at improving things moving forward , please keep the comments coming 

Chris 

Tssc Chairman 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Triumph948 said:

The first joint event between the Tssc and the Tr reg was a lot of work for both clubs , we both do things so differently but managed to pull off a great  weekend for everyone.

we know some things worked better than others  and will look at improving things moving forward , please keep the comments coming 

It was, and things can only get better (meaning that in the best possible sense)

No point in looking to the past; it's gone - look to the future and what we can do from here on. A lot of work does go into these things and is very deserving of support.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

It did take a while to happen, but now it has hopefully everybody has seen the light and realised this level of co-operation is essential.

I really appreciate it must have been a struggle, and no doubt many obstacles were in the way. But the hard work has paid off and fingers crossed it is a new chapter of inter club events. It will help if we all spread the word and encourage people to attend. Really will be a case of the more the merrier.

The only thing I would request is better weather on the Friday.... and please don't change the beer tent, except maybe a bit bigger.