Halfords

dougbgt6

My spitfire smelt of petrol at one point. Can’t remember why now, but I think it was perished fuel lines.  But had to seal every hole in the wall between the garage and house - including the roof joists, it was so bad. 
the smell has gone now though.  

but the very worst smell was when I was a student. One of the guys had very smelly feet.  Even freshly washed they could kill a budgy at 20paces. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, dougbgt6 said:

Halfords emailed me “What do you think of the purchase of your new battery?”

Anyone else feel that these followup requests for reviews are getting a bit too persistent? No matter what I buy these days someone wants a review of it.

I was even asked for a review of a chocolate bar...

Stena Line sent me a survey concerning my trip to Stratford in August. "Why did you take Stena Line Ferries?" I replied: "Because my car won't fit on the plane...."

• Haha 4

Before I ordered from Halfords I enquired at Euro Car Parts, who deliver most everywhere, except NI, obviously 😆 But Berwick upon Tweed was also a no no. I then got 5 successive emails saying “We know you’re interested, buy it, buy it, buy it!” I replied to each “I can’t because you won’t deliver!“ 😡 What’s the point in giving feedback if they take no notice?

Doug

And another thing, I bought a burglar alarm kit from Amazon for mother’s house.The picture clearly showed two door sensors, but when it came there was only one. The kit was correct, Amazon’s picture was wrong, so complained. A month later I get a “What do you think of your purchase?” email with the same two sensor picture. 😡

Nobody listens!!!

db

add to the review requests the scam phone calls about how are you  and a need for a survey  ...Noooo  !!! 

i did a review on Daishes  in Llandudno  as there were no spoons to serve the veggy, the reply was from them about  problems at totally different hotel in eastbourne 

maybe thats why its burnt down  knowbody listens.and   they dont read them 

Pete

1 hour ago, dougbgt6 said:

Before I ordered from Halfords I enquired at Euro Car Parts, who deliver most everywhere, except NI, obviously 😆 

They'll never get into Heaven then. 

I've started being very facetious with requests for reviews.

"How did you find your Mondeo radio fascia adaptor?" 

"Well I opened the door and the Postman had left it on the mat..."

I did a review on the apartment I was staying in when I was down the smoke for the last couple of weeks. Somehow it was rated as "Good" - but given its actually very hard to give a bad one since there is only one option of less than good and 3 for good or better, its bias. Still I did write some words that did give more detail!

Halfords sent me a message today.

“Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent purchase, your review has been moderated and cannot be published as it does not follow our web site guidelines”

I didn’t swear, I wasn’t rude, I was conciliatory, I just explained what happened and suggested they change their procedure. But no, it can’t be told.

Doug

No surprise there Doug...... Try leaving a review on Trust pilot or Feefo? I think you will get a result then?  I left scathing reviews about qwik-fit... ( i know) but having a lease car had to use them  :(  They were on the phone within a couple of hours asking me why???

Tony.

I bought a battery for my Vitesse from Halfrauds . When fitting I noticed the carry handles were missing . I rang to complain and was told handles were optional đŸ˜±

Luckily the old handles fitted so completed the negative feedback which was never published 

Paul 

1 hour ago, Paul H said:

I bought a battery for my Vitesse from Halfrauds . When fitting I noticed the carry handles were missing . I rang to complain and was told handles were optional đŸ˜±

Luckily the old handles fitted so completed the negative feedback which was never published 

Paul 

Not surprising. The Vitesse has negative earth and just like the current negative comments go to ground 😀

• Haha 3