Where to source tr6 head?

DrKai

Hi,

Unfortunately the PO has obscured the markings on my cylinder head. After chatting to Mr Burgess decided to get an unmolested tr6 head for him to work on to be sure of things. So the question: where to buy a used unmodified tr6 head? I've asked quiller- no joy

Thanks

Kai

53 minutes ago, DrKai said:

Hi,

Unfortunately the PO has obscured the markings on my cylinder head. After chatting to Mr Burgess decided to get an unmolested tr6 head for him to work on to be sure of things. So the question: where to buy a used unmodified tr6 head? I've asked quiller- no joy

Thanks

Kai

I would think any 2.5 head will do if it is being modified, or even the head from a late 2000/GT6 with dome top pistons. Assume it will have bigger valves etc and CR modified as wel as porting.

That will widen the net somewhat....

4 hours ago, DrKai said:

Hi,

Thanks

Kai

TRGB, TRshop (London)  TRBitz  TR Revington.

Roger

1 hour ago, thescrapman said:

Be very careful when buying a TR head not to pay TR tax, they didn't just fit them to TR engines

Indeed...... big saloon and GT6 exactly the same from sometime in 1973.

https://www.chriswitor.com/cw_technical/head_applications_chart.pdf

219015 is probably the most common today.  It has the smaller exhaust valve so is less likely to be cracked between the valves - this doesn't mean the large valve can't be fitted as part of a refurb.

218225 probably the next most common and 516816 still turn up occasionally.

All can be used.

It is the thinner ones for the flat piston 2L that are getting harder to find now.

Nick