Contact adhesive removal

PeterH

try petrol as old impact goo i remember being based on petroleum by products    so   like for like should shift it 

the modern friendly stuff never works well for me ,  

if you use a aerosol carpet adhesisve get a clip on trigger  keeps  your   pinkies cleaner  and make sure its not pointed at your glasses  !!!!

Pete

26 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

if you use a aerosol carpet adhesisve get a clip on trigger  keeps  your   pinkies cleaner  and make sure its not pointed at your glasses  !!!!

Pete

If you get the trigger (brilliant things) put tape sticky side out around part that clips to the can, that you don't glue everyone. Don't ask me how i know that? :( 

Tony.

Evostik actually make a fluid to remove excess that has dried on. I use it alot for removal of label glue, 'peelable' labels that don't and loads of other stuff. My favourites are, evostick remover, lighter fuel, parrafin, white spirit, carbon terachloride ( very dodgy stuff), petrol and... if you can find it, Bunny's miracle ink remover. You could mix them all together, it would probably go off bang.

42 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

aha the whiff  of 4 star and evostick  has got me going

Many years ago I did my share of 'spanner bashing' on agricultural machines. Come 'snap' time and the smell of Swarfega and diesel still makes me hungry. (Something to do with Pavlov and dogs ? )

1 hour ago, Badwolf said:

Evostik actually make a fluid to remove excess that has dried on. 

Probably petrol with an expensive label. I can confirm petrol works, my hands are reeking of it after gluing trim panels to Triumphs out in the garage then cleaning off excess Evostik with petrol, and then scrubbing my hands. Whatever scent was on the handwash is completely overwhelmed by unleaded.

4 minutes ago, Peter Truman said:

Can you buy brake cleaner in a bottle I’ve only seen/purchased it in an aerosol can, gawd it’s cold when you get it on your hands.

Similar carby clean very cold but both very effective in doing their job.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004WODOEE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_.VJ9EbVRWC7W1

Aidan 

I got Coverdale because they’re the only ones doing the colour I wanted, chestnut 🌰 and sadly only available in loose fit 100% wool, expensive!

They are loose fit and do need some fettling, oversized, better than under sized I guess, but some trimming back required.

Loose carpets work fine in a GT6 everything overlaps, the new tunnel carpet just drapes over the tunnel the same as the original. But the wheel arches are difficult, the carpet has to curve in two plains and to do this the carpet is cut and re-stitched. It fits the curves, but it’s visible.

Had the colour been available in fitted I might have got those for the sake of the wheel arches. Having said that my brother got acrylic fitted from Coverdale for his Spitfire and was unhappy with the fit, much more difficult to adjust.

Doug