Spitfire owner killed in blameless crash

JohnD

1 hour ago, Pete Lewis said:

thats  the fun you can drive either way round the main circle if you want the last exit take the short route and it becomes the first 

Pete

I don't know what the designer had been drinking but can I get a couple of bottles . .😁

My first encouter with the Swindon  M-R, like Pete, was towing a Large T-A Caravan. My wife has her hands covering her eyes for most of the transit!.🤣 The dog, who normally just slept a whole journey, was barking at the traffic!.

Pete

On 24/02/2021 at 04:08, GrahamB said:

Some years when I was approaching Strabane, NI, the car in front missed his turn off so stopped, reversed a couple of yards, then successfully made his exit.  So much easier than completing another circuit!

Seen it done on the freeway here in Melb the offender have missed their offtake, stopped in emergency lane then backed up, trying to miss other cars exiting via off ramp as they back into the offtake ramp, some people are JUST STUPID! Cars exiting the freeway are travelling at 100kph!

I assume the intent of the double roundabout is to short circuit having to go around the outer big roundabout to get to your last offtake, you enter the inner and drive anticlockwise so the last offtake effectively becomes the first, but you then have to enter & cross the the outer circuit to get to your exit! obviously works with the UK disciplined and courteous drivers, but here I reckon with our multi national population it would end up with guns drawn at 20 paces. 

There's a section of road between Rosas and Cadaqués in Spain where there are umpteen round abouts one after the other so close together you can't even get into top gear. No sooner has the nav sat lady told you to leave a roundabout she is telling you about the next one. We switch the thing off!

Once the SatNav told me in a very,very sad voice "You are going the wrong way". Too right I was. I was going home and hadn't figured out how to reverse the original route. Couldn't shut it up either, the app over-rode everything, including the off switch. It ended up in the boot. Eventually uninstalled the app..somehow.

5 hours ago, Chris A said:

There's a section of road between Rosas and Cadaqués in Spain where there are umpteen round abouts one after the other so close together you can't even get into top gear. No sooner has the nav sat lady told you to leave a roundabout she is telling you about the next one. We switch the thing off!

We have a couple of divided highways here like that both down the Mornington Peninsula east side of Melbourne’s Port Phillip Bay one’s the Mooraduck Hwy on the west side of Peninsula it’s roundabout after roundabout, the other is on the east side of the Peninsula Dandenong Hastings Hwy again divided Hwy it even has roundabouts with only 2 roads one in one out? There are another 2 off takes in anticipation but blanked off WHY a roundabout now! Presumably to slow traffic down. It doesn’t work if there are no cars around using both lanes around the roundabout and hugging the inner and outer kerbs you can take them at just under 100kph, the sat nav seated beside me erupts very loud!