CD 150 linkage

Paul H

1 hour ago, Paul H said:

Hi looking to restore these CD’ s for my Vitesse . The links are damaged . What replacements can be recommended 

DB53D7CB-2732-43C3-97B0-2395FB0220CD.thumb.jpeg.b69a756eb3f2ae26d7f3cf74915e953a.jpeg
Paul

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tamiya-Frog-58354-Subaru-Brat-Wild-One-FAV-Drive-Shaft-x2-9808038-19808038/264420961361?hash=item3d90b7ac51:g:gaQAAOSwy11fujR4 

Have a look at RC car spares Paul, i'm sure i have seen something like when i used to build them. If you have a model shop nearby, they might be able to help?

Tony.  

1 minute ago, 68vitesse said:

Made these up for my Vitesse, the uj's were of ebay and sold for model cars and boats. Had to drill out the uj for the carb connection then a piece of 8mm stainless bar to connect.

Regards

Paul.

P1010002(1).JPG

Neat job - impressed 

Paul 

1 hour ago, rogerguzzi said:

Hello Colin 

You want the 8mm dia I think?

Universal Flexible Shaft Coupling Coupler Motor U Joint Connector RC Boat Metal | eBay

Roger

It's the two measurements that are confusing me... 8mm x 18mm but which shaft diameter? 2.3mm?

If the outer diameter of the coupling is 8mm then I'm assuming the other measurement ie 2.3mm is the shaft that will fit into it, or what the connecting shafts need turned down to? Am I correct?

My shaft diameter is 5/16" or 7.94mm so the 8mm version will work. 

12 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Am I correct?

Colin, put the shaft diameter in the drop down box and it gives you the correct one. So 8mm to 8mm using a 8mm diameter connecting bar. 

Iain 

Links I removed from my Mk1 2L Vitesse, the one on the left connects to back carburettor and a 8mm drill is a good fit. The one on the right connects to front carburettor and a 7mm drill will go in but not a 7.5, the shape is to allow articulating, in one plane, with the connected shaft.

Think I bought 8/6 and 8/8 joints and drilled the 6 out to 7, was some time ago though.

Regards

Paul

IMG_20210407_094113.jpg

4 hours ago, Iain T said:

Colin, put the shaft diameter in the drop down box and it gives you the correct one. So 8mm to 8mm using a 8mm diameter connecting bar. 

Iain 

I was putting it in the top box, which is the outer diameter... no wonder I couldn't get the correct shaft diameter. So: 8mm in the lower box gives me an outer diameter of 14mm, is that within tolerances? (length included?)

30527985_ScreenShot2021-04-07at13_21_56.jpg.cdcf2190d9efe54ed87ec64ffb9b8147.jpg

3 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

So: 8mm in the lower box gives me an outer diameter of 14mm, is that within tolerances? (length included?)

It's the shaft diameter that dictates the correct part. As Roger said you could have a 8-8mm or 8-6mm if you want to use a 6mm diameter centre bar. Upshot is the 8mm version will fit on the 5/16" shaft but requires a grub screw to stop rotation. 

Iain