Are they having a laugh??

Steve P

Having read the "blog" on the refurb. I suspect the issue to be that the number of (expensive?) "man hours" that went into it added to by the sophistication of the upgrades is such that the return (financial) demands the asking price?. The problem being that to us "poor" punters it does not represent value?.

Back in the 60`s. A certain J Lennon Esq had a Mini "upgraded" for his then wife. The upgrade cost several times the purchase price. I believe that a similar "job" was done at excessive cost by one Peter Sellers for Brit Ekland?.

Pete

3 minutes ago, PeteH said:

Back in the 60`s. A certain J Lennon Esq had a Mini "upgraded" for his then wife. The upgrade cost several times the purchase price. I believe that a similar "job" was done at excessive cost by one Peter Sellers for Brit Ekland?.

If i had that sort of money going spare,i would spend most of it on booze and women,and then waste the rest.

S

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Mathew said:

This has to be a contender. I would say a very good gt6 to be 10 to 12k. But not this.

Ever watch Salvage Hunters Classic Cars? They buy a car for, say £4,000, put another £4,000 into it, then sell it at a profit of maybe £2,000 - and always seem to have some well dressed, well spoken guy standing by who shells out the money, no questions asked. Online auctions are the same - you see a car for maybe £5,000 - it sells and appears within days freshly polished on a dealer's website for £10,000 - and still sells.

I used to read the small-ads in Classic and Sportscar - the prices of cars there has to be seen to be believed, but the buyers must think they're getting something extra by paying more money, whether peace of mind, reliability or aftercare.

Blimey….. my Vitesse has electronic fuel injection and MGF seats….. must be worth a few quid!

Haven’t bothered with an expensive stereo (can’t hear it and has 6cyl music to listen to built) and electric windows seem unneeded. My son put EWs in his Spitty using Honda Prelude parts, not quite sure why though.

Nick