Battery work lights

wimpus

Hi, 

My old battery work lights all started to fail.

So in search of new battery /rechargeable lights to work on my Spitfire.

Also to use in my garage where there are no electrics.

Been looking around a bit on the internet and aliexpress etc.

So what are people using ? 

Gr. Wim

42 minutes ago, Paul H said:

I'll second that, but I doubt they will be available in Belgium - screwfix.eu has suspended all shipments from the UK, but there is a screwfix.fr that may be able to supply.

You could also try Castorama in France - Erbauer is the "in house" tool brand for Kingfisher PLC, and Kingfisher PLC owns B&Q, Screwfix, Castorama and Brico Depot.

Wimpus - I use a couple of these

image.png.7f0da0e3e88fee728d79138273dce102.png

They were about UK£9.00 from Lidl, bare unit without batteries. They use the same 20volt battery as my other Lidl tools so there is no waiting when one runs flat, I just swop the batteries around. The head tilts so no problem putting the light where you want it, very bright, excellent lamp. You might be able to track something down in Belgium. Don't buy off fleabay, badly overpriced.

Hi,

Costco have some excellent battery (AA and AAA) work light and head light sets sold as set of three (head) and two (work) so you can always have one in reserve if there’s no power in your garage.

Edited by Paulfc
Grammar

https://www.lidl.co.uk/p/quick-fixes/parkside-rechargeable-work-light-with-power-bank/p48627

these may come up locally?

I have found most of the £20 work lights bought from proper shops (as opposed to ebay/chinese specials) to be fine. 

For an inspection lamp I have one of these, absolutely superb but possibly not available in the EU? Halfords have them on clearance, under a tenner with tradecard.

Rolson Rechargeable 3w COB Torch and Lamp 826294

https://www.1offers.co.uk/i/lidl/cordless-work-light-2091

I use one of these, it's been great for a few years now. 

Avoid the battery powered versions that you see everywhere, they eat batteries and run out when you need them. Cordless rechargeables are always there, provided you keep them in the charger when not in use.

If the re-chargeable batteries fail, open it up to see what is wrong, you have got nothing to loose.  I inherited a hand held work light that would not hold its charge.  Removed 2 screws to open it and found 6 AAA batteries.  These were replaced and it now works as it should.

Not a 'work light' but a bike light - Xmas present.   It has 700 lumens, that's about the equivalent of a 60Watt bulb, all concentrated into a beam!   Really bright!   And of course rechargable by USB.    I see that 2000 lumen bike lights are available!!!

I can see where I'm going at night now!