Vitesse 2.0L carb diaphrams

Bobtaylor

Hi, I have just replaced the diaphrams on my twin strombergs without touching anything else. when I restarted the engine it’s characteristics are completely different eg it started fine but wouldn’t tick over until I adjusted the throttle screws. It feels completely different and not as smooth as before!

can anyone suggest what might have happened. the new diaphrams are stiffer than the old ones, does this account for the changes, if so I assume the carbs will need setting up and balancing ?

I just had a spare pair, I checked the old ones and they seemed very flimsy so I changed them!!! I will change them back tomorrow, I must stop tinkering and try to adopt the “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” approach.

1 minute ago, Bobtaylor said:

“if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” approach.

I wish, Oh how I wish, The Microsoft, media/computer techs would learn from that. EVERY update, F**k`s up another piece of Heritage software, needing hours of Ar**ng about to get functioning again.😡😡

Pete

certainly these hopeless thick diaphragms will give poor running

should be very flimsy/gossamer like  and if wrinkled a wash in petrol will revert them to orig  size

yes think they are made from elephant condoms or old rubber boots but totally hopeless and sold by suppliers that should know better 

get you money back as not fit for purpose 

Pete