Seat Diaphragms GT6 Mk2

Ian Cooper

Hi.

The foams in my seats are shot and I'm about to start refurbishing the seats and thought its a good time to replace the rubber diaphragms, which are also on their last legs. However I cannot find these items listed (573900) anywhere.

I can find all the TR's, Stag, Heralds etc but GT6 items are nowhere to be found, and for that matter I could not even see Spitfires listed.

Does anyone know where I can source the correct items or if the Herald/Vitesse items will fit?

Many thanks

Ian

I think most/all the current ones sold, are a bit generic and may require simple mods to the frame (eg, drilling different holes) and alternative hooks maybe?.

Baines do some Triumph ones, and maybe better quality, as do manufacture at least some/all? of their stock, I understand?

44 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

?? does the Gt6 have a diaphragm  not just a foam in a cage ?????

I nearly asked that myself - the Mk3 definitely just has foam in a cage but I'm not sure on the Mk2. Certainly there's not a lot of space down the bottom of a GT6 seat.

1 hour ago, NonMember said:

Certainly there's not a lot of space down the bottom of a GT6 seat.

Indeed! I replaced my foams and found my head pressed on the ceiling. Rear end comfortable, neck, not so much.

Mk3 diaphragm is a piece of cardboard.

Doug

6 hours ago, 68vitesse said:

If using webbing straps I was advised by an upholsterer that the seat base needs stronger ones than the back.

Regards

Paul.

If you think of it logically.... yes.

There's no limit to the number of straps you can put on though; just attach firmly at either end. Across the seat, diagonally, interwoven... whatever it takes to give you the required firmness.

A PO on one of mine was quite inventive:

DSCF1788.thumb.JPG.f37f060f12c3598962c2504fee6f663e.JPG

• Haha 2