Oil pressure gauge location.

Anglefire

I have an oil pressure gauge currently lashed into the car - but want to fit it in a more suitable location- ie in the dash! 

Where is the best place?

I was thinking around where the current position of the fog light switch - but don’t know what is behind this particular CCC1CE33-42D3-4BC1-A7ED-371AE02C2ED0.thumb.jpeg.f81324390c0050f5cc514a0c39eb55ed.jpegAD2C43E7-253E-4DB6-A4AD-8FEB275BB820.thumb.jpeg.a4dc8d014eb59eaa70dda8f6a7d26124.jpeg

I think if you pop the dash off you will find that there is space for the gauge where that's little rocker should switch is.

not sure th at I should the normal switch or lication for a fog light switch, nor is that the usual place for the hazard switch.

you could also go above the fag lighter.

Remove the dashtop ashtray - useless these days if you don't smoke - and fit a dial pod with the wiring and plumbing down behind the dash. You can get period gauges that actually fit into this aperture which are quite retro.... but a good well made (not yucky thin plastic!) gauge holder will do the job.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dash-mount-2-52mm-double-gauge-pod-Land-Rover-90-110-dash-panel-fit/251960098020?hash=item3aa9fdfce4:g:XwgAAOSwoydWi9gZ

Hello Mark

This how I have done mine a bit OTT but I like it!

But did you not say your Dad was good at this sort of thing?

I am going to change the vacuum gauge for an oil temperature one when I fit the new engine.

Roger

DSC00306.JPG

DSC00299.JPG

IMG_0298.JPG

5 hours ago, rogerguzzi said:

Hello Mark

I am going to change the vacuum gauge for an oil temperature one when I fit the new engine.

Roger

DSC00306.JPG

DSC00299.JPG

IMG_0298.JPG

That’s my type of dash. Well done Sir :D

6 hours ago, rogerguzzi said:

Hello Mark

Roger

DSC00306.JPG

DSC00299.JPG

IMG_0298.JPG

Thanks Roger, yes I’m planning to get my Dad to redo my dash - got decide on the veneer ?

5 hours ago, rlubikey said:

Mark, it should look a bit like this behind your dash. A big hole for a gauge and three smaller ones for switches/lamps.

Cheers, Richard

Corsa-C_EPS_3.JPG

Thanks Richard that’s very useful. ?

4 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

you never see a gauge showing a problem till you see the smoke hear the knocking then look !!   Oop's   its too late 

bells whistles and horns  buzzers  are   much better  at alerting you that somethings wrong, 

just a different idea

Pete

Well there is certainly an argument to that Pete. But I’ve bought it now so it’s going in ?