Rear Handbrake Cable Vitesse Mk2

Paul H

the problems of trying to type on a tablet with a mind of its own, i have a keyboard for it but it was flat

however Colon and Tubing all work for me but Colin may not approve ....screen nurse  wheres  me funnel 

now corrected by the way 

seeing as thread drift normally ends up with extremities of the body i dont see a problem ???

pete

Threading the cable through the guides is difficult.    

Does the diagram help?    Thread through the firsdt ring of the guide, and loop it AWAY from the next before threading it though that.

This leaves a twist in the  cable, that will slip out as you pull it righ through.

John

Threading the hand brake cable.jpg

9 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

Colin you worry me with all that tubing   whats brewing

Off old Heralds, the tubing lasts longer than the bodywork! (I have dozens of heater air ducting pipes as well....)

Colon reminds me of work (I have a long memory lol), I had a mate called Ferdia, I frequently referred to him as Hernia cos he was a pain... (he wasn't really!) Unfortunately one day I told this to one of the local shopowners and the mate phoned me later the same day to ask "Why is everyone calling me Hernia?" I think it stuck with him for a while...

It actually involved me doing all the things I do now - gardening, DIY, coffee, work on the cars, surfing the Net etc but all in about a tenth of the time I have now. The rest was sleeping and earning the money to pay for all the other things. Now I do all of the above things and wonder where the Hell I found time to fit work in.

Hi

Bloke in local asked me one day, "what day of the week it was". I just said "is it Sunday?". His reply was no it`s definitely not Sunday. "So therefore Its Saturday". His reply:- "How do you work that out.," So I told him, "That`s easy, I`m retired, so a week is 6 Saturdays and One Sunday!". Boom, Boom!. (Groan!!)

On 8/3/2018 at 9:57 PM, Pete Lewis said:

I cant believe ive been on the scrap heap for 15 years  

Eight months for me already! I've no idea where the time is going. I get up in the early morning when I feel rested and go to bed when I feel tired, and most days don't even wear a watch.

I have absolutely NONE of the things I planned completed so far. The problem is that many of them have been started... downstairs toilet stripped out... upstairs bathroom stripped out... fascia board taken down at the rear of the house... skirting board taken off in living room.... large hole to be bricked up where new chimney goes through wall... get something finished for goodness sake!

When I converted my Mk2 Saloon to a Convertible  using a proper Conv body Tub I had to transfer the handbrake guide assemblies from the saloon tub to the convertible tub if I remember correctly the cable was too short & more importantly too (bl+++y) difficult to feed the long threaded ends thro the guides.

So I cut the threaded ends where it goes into the yoke leaving it long enough to fit a 1in long threaded  barrel nipple with lock nuts on each end with a longer treaded bar anchoring into the yoke square bolt and enabling the handbrake adjustment.

Works well with adequate adjustment but there again I don't often use a handbrake.

I think the above is how and why I did the mods but it was some time ago.

Regards

Peter T