Loss of oil pressure when hot

Berty

4 hours ago, JohnD said:

"Not even close to Pete Lewis" ?   That's hurtful, thanks Mr.Editor.

I have to say I agree with John on this. Pete's star is a fitting tribute to his devotion to this forum and his posts show how modest he is, as well as being the valuable source of first- hand experience that benefits us all. The "not even close to Pete Lewis' tag just seems crass when it appears below the avatars of some of my favourite contributors. I'm sure it is well meant, but it does strike an unnecessary wrong note in my opinion. I can see why the venerable John D feels slighted, I know I would feel the same if I had contributed as much as he has.

Adrian

3 hours ago, Badwolf said:

Its all just what makes this forum friendly and good fun..  and I'm not even on the leader board... so what

Sorry if my comment saddened some of you. No offense mean. Looks like Kevin has now changed the captions so hopefully thing will jog along as they were.

edit.. and at the time of posting Kevin appears to be changing them again!!!

Just trying to add a little fun to the Forum to allow people to celebrate when they hit certain posting milestones. It's not a competition, just recognition for those that give up their free time to help others. If the consensus is that it goes back to "Advanced Member" for everyone who hits the 30 postings mark, then that's what I'll do. Personally, I think those who have hit 1000, 2000, 3000 etc posting milestones deserve some recognition.

• Like 1

In this day of violence, knifing and politicians who are only out for themselves I am all for a bit of fun, especially here with 'cyber-friends'. The first person that I laugh at.. is me. I then laugh along with others. Its a sad life, but its mine and its the best that I can do with it, in a sad and increasingly worrying world in which I live.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, KevinR said:

Just trying to add a little fun to the Forum to allow people to celebrate when they hit certain posting milestones. It's not a competition, just recognition for those that give up their free time to help others. If the consensus is that it goes back to "Advanced Member" for everyone who hits the 30 postings mark, then that's what I'll do. Personally, I think those who have hit 1000, 2000, 3000 etc posting milestones deserve some recognition.

I will go with that :)  

14 minutes ago, Badwolf said:

In this day of violence, knifing and politicians who are only out for themselves I am all for a bit of fun, especially here with 'cyber-friends'. The first person that I laugh at.. is me. I then laugh along with others. Its a sad life, but its mine and its the best that I can do with it, in a sad and increasingly worrying world in which I live.

There is a laugh for you Badwolf, we are all on the same side,  I am like you, i laugh at myself when i do something stupid. I dont tolerate the angry or nasty people in this world :)  There is no point to them.

Tony.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, JohnD said:

"1st Dan Triumphero"     ROLF!!

OK, Kevin, 'arigato'!   That'll do!

John

John,

Another little secret of the IPBoard software is that anyone with more than 500 postings can set their own "Rank" status.

You set it via editing your profile and setting a value for "Member Title"

- leave it blank and you get the forum default title for the number of postings you've made.

- put something in there and you get what ever you've put for the "Member Title".