You don’t see many of those..

Unkel Kunkel

This is a bit unusual.Not Triumph, but a motoring  workshop curio.

Kindly lent by someone to enable the remagnetising of the horse shoe magnets in a very old car magneto.

Ridiculously, hernia-heavy, it can only operated for a few seconds at a time with a few seconds interval and anyone who has a pacemaker must be 10ft away.A low pitched hum after the switch is thrown is the indication it is working -and very effective it is to!

Made by Crypton ( not Krypton, that’s Superman).

D3579836-4D4E-4264-919C-2A88295B56A2.jpeg

B991DAFC-7960-425C-9B7E-9F83B7AF3CB1.jpeg

F6B8DB4D-A80B-4F61-B738-AC9321E38FA0.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dougbgt6 said:

Love it!

Pete has something similar to get his frontal lobes firing first thing of a morning.

db

Well, I think you have come up with a business opportunity here -

alternative medicine!

“Electromagnetic Pulse  therapy for aches pains and rejuvenating one’s electro- somatic and psychic aura to combat the effects of toxic  semi  somnambulism and  electromagnetic depletion and  ionic imbalance  consequences of modern life”

.Course of ten pulses and full aura  field vitality assessment £850, extra emergency rescue   6 second  double   applications by appointment -  without pre session aura assessment  ( but  with  rapid well- being and dietary toxin awareness screen and personalised crystal orientation advice ) £275.”

Please form an orderly queue.

It would  need a bit of re-paint of course...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

if i have a frontal lobe i cant see it or it don't work 

remind me of our smiths speedo calibration rig that had humongous electro magnets for re booting the speedo drives ,  hit the key and plunge half the factory into darkness

never used in anger but i did convert a van speedo to run accurately in my austin maxi HL   should have pinched it when we closed but it went in the skip ,  cost a fortune 

as did a lot of good test gear....progress....Bah humbug

Pete  

It may hum, but does it work?     Like an MRI scanner, something that produces a very strong magnetic field can cause some unexpected events, and not just to pacemaker wearers.   Like throwing steel tools about.

In medicine, oxygen cylinders that are non-metallic were invented so that they could be used in and around MRI scanners, because even something that heavy could be thrown across the room!   Amazing that no one bothered before, because the light weight cylinders are extremely useful in rescue situations, and are now the norm for transporting patients, even just around a hospital.

John

I know of a farmer who  had the literally   shocking experience of  accidentally triggering his implanted defibrillator when using his arc welder.

Although he tried to make light of what must have been a very unpleasant experience,  describing it as being like  punched in the chest - “but from inside out”,  he hasn’t tried it again.

Anyone with one of those, or ndeed any pacemaker, should avoid the strong magnetic field of the large currents in a welder, or indeed permanent magnets.     A cardiologist may use one to turn the device on or off, non-invasively, or to recode it, by holding ithe magnet close to the skin.    Strong magnets such as those believed by some to relieve arthritis are able to do the same, as are airport and shop (RFID) scanners from a greater distance.  Mobiles and computers are safe, but don't carry the phone in a pocket right next to the device, and don't lean against an electric motor, for instance to apply pressure to a drill.

Anyone with such a device will have had detailed advice, in writing, from the hospital.    But farmers .... do they ever read the instructions?    There are FOUR TIMES as many deaths due to industrial accidents in farming as in the next industry, construction (Farmer's Weekly, 2017, https://www.fwi.co.uk/news/agriculture-britain-s-highest-fatal-accident-rate)

Lets be careful out there...

• Like 1

I had an Old English Sheepdog about twenty years ago - it decided to sniff an electric fence. First time I have seen such a hefty weighing canine go backwards at speed with paws off the ground !! Kept the scar on its nose through to its last day.

• 3 weeks later...

We used to use the opposite device in Air Traffic Engineering - a Bulk Eraser  ( or very large and very heavy demagnetiser) to erase 12 and 14" x 1" tape reels, for re-use in recording all of the Ground to Air /Air to Ground Voice communications for ATC. To use it you had to push the tape fully into a slot in the front of the machine - this involved your fingers going inside the machine during the process ! It was slightly disconserting because the large AC field made the tape reel vibrate loudly. Needless to say if you valued your watch you removed it first.☺️