LED Lamps Illegal on Classic's

Gary Flinn

10 hours ago, dougbgt6 said:

Not a gardener then Pete? :lol: I think using peat would be illegal these days? The stuff the garden centres are selling as a substitute is rubbish! :angry:

Doug

Something I nowadays avoid if at all possible. I have far more to do than muck about with "Trifids". The first thing I did when we moved in here, was turn the back into a "mediteranean" garden Pavers and gravel. The front was already gravelled, somewhere to park cars!. Raised beds and pots for SWMBO to play with. Grass and me have this agreement, It don`t grow I don`t cut. Colin being in the country could sneak out at night and cut his own? (peat). Some parts of the UK are still burning it AFAIK?.

Pete

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, PeteH said:

Colin being in the country could sneak out at night and cut his own? (peat). 

Not a chance; it was bad enough trying to cut my own Christmas tree. Sneaking about in the dark, trying not to make the slightest noise... then the chainsaw started up.

• Haha 1

Right then, I've found the old sealed beam units and they are genuine Lucas seamed units. I want to test them so have put an old battery on charge. There are 3 spade connectors on the back - 12 o'clock, 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock. I assume one is dipped, one full and one earth?

Or does someone her know different?

There are also the shells and rims.

Don't know why i should bother testing them they are no use to me -RHD units.

Anybody passing can have them 😁

DVLAX.jpeg.444216fd5e1ff4bc997ca1611a3d282e.jpeg.6c55ef16cde213ac1a7f144cd2bbb6d9.jpeg

Clear to the point of confusion, as usual. The phrasing doesn't help.

"Vehicles presented with converted halogen headlamp units first used on or after 1st April 1986 will continue to be failed." This appears to point to the headlamp conversion rather than the vehicle.

I'm assuming it's not the headlamps, but the vehicles, that they refer to, so shouldn't it be: "Vehicles first used on or after 1st April 1986, presented with converted halogen headlamp units, will continue to be failed."

3 hours ago, Chris A said:

Right then, I've found the old sealed beam units and they are genuine Lucas seamed units. I want to test them so have put an old battery on charge. There are 3 spade connectors on the back - 12 o'clock, 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock. I assume one is dipped, one full and one earth?

Or does someone her know different?

There are also the shells and rims.

Don't know why i should bother testing them they are no use to me -RHD units.

Anybody passing can have them 😁

They work!

Now I think I'll use them as garden lights, no lights when full moon, dipped lights when 1/2 moon, full beam when no moon.

• Haha 3

Just now, Colin Lindsay said:

Are you intending to drive the garden on a public road?

Strictly for garden illumination, not road legal as they are RHD.

Hang on, I had better check EU regulations on garden lights, halogen bulb use there in . . . .

2 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

DVLAX.jpeg.444216fd5e1ff4bc997ca1611a3d282e.jpeg.6c55ef16cde213ac1a7f144cd2bbb6d9.jpeg

Clear to the point of confusion, as usual. The phrasing doesn't help.

"Vehicles presented with converted halogen headlamp units first used on or after 1st April 1986 will continue to be failed." This appears to point to the headlamp conversion rather than the vehicle.

I'm assuming it's not the headlamps, but the vehicles, that they refer to, so shouldn't it be: "Vehicles first used on or after 1st April 1986, presented with converted halogen headlamp units, will continue to be failed."

That's exactly how I read it but I assumed that the first sentence was important as that says only applies to vehicles first used after