Following posts and subsequent notificatiin

1 hour ago, Colin Lindsay said:

I had breakfast out yesterday morning, this was the only part I left... the owner asked if I didn't fancy it and all I could reply was: "you're feeding that horse too much grain..."

image0.thumb.jpeg.9144ff950c8d04fcfe644431faeb2770.jpeg

You could have sent that to me Colin YUM YUM :) Scottish style black pud. 

Tony.

I like black pud  of various suppliers  dont do a poo test after eating some  or you get a negative result 

and as for grains  Aldi had a multi grain farmhouse loaf which suited me its been  replaced with something 

called ancient grains    what they mean is  chimbles of chip board   its rubbish 

Pete

25 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

That brand of locally-made is supposedly supplied to HM the Q. I think she sent it back, I could see her teeth marks in it.

https://www.weschenfelder.co.uk/scots-black-pudding-mix.html There you go Colin you can make your own now :) Don't worry about the teeth....... I'm sure Doug will tell how good it is.

Tony. 

• Like 1

Sorry you lot. Even though i was born and brought up in Derbyshire very close to the Yorkshire border I never really got on well with the local stuff.

Now I have the privilege of living 10 Kms from the true capital :

(Lucky for me you aren't allowed to travel yet 😲)

L'avis du Petit Futé sur LA FOIRE AU BOUDIN

Plaque millesim 2020

Evénement populaire par excellence, la Foire au boudin affiche 75 ans d'existence et attire chaque année plus de 18 000 personnes.

Mortagne-au-Perche : c'est LA capitale du boudin noir. La ville célèbre sa spécialité tous les ans ! La foire débute dès le vendredi après-midi avec le concours international du meilleur boudin organisé par la confrérie des chevaliers du Goûte-boudin et se clôture le dimanche soir. Beaucoup d'animations tout au long de ces 3 jours auxquels participent 150 exposants. Samedi et dimanche, démonstrations de cuisine et ateliers participatifs autour d'un chef cuisinier sont programmés. Cette année, comme l'an dernier, la Covid-19 a eu raison de la manifestation.

you need some of these  I got to like them while i worked in Lyon 

you cut into it and all this wiggly  creepy crawly stuff  

Andouillette (French pronunciation: [ɑ̃dujɛt]) is a coarse-grained sausage made with pork (or occasionally veal), chitterlings (intestine), pepper, wine, onions, and seasonings. Tripe, which is the stomach lining of a cow, is sometimes an ingredient in the filler of an andouillette, but it is not the casing or the key to its manufacture. True andouillette will be an oblong tube. If made with the small intestine, it is a plump sausage generally about 25 mm (1 in) in diameter but often it is much larger, possibly 7–10 cm (2+34–4 in) in diameter, and stronger in scent when the colon is used. True andouillette is rarely seen outside France and has a strong, distinctive odour related to its intestinal origins and components. Although sometimes repellent to the uninitiated, this aspect of andouillette is prized by its devotees.

2 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

True andouillette is rarely seen outside France and has a strong, distinctive odour related to its intestinal origins and components. Although sometimes repellent to the uninitiated, this aspect of andouillette is prized by its devotees.

2 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

great on a bed of rice and the bits inside explode all over the plate when you cut into the thing

The real thing is solid, no way does it explode when cut into, in fact you can slice it in complete safety. The smell on the other hand is something else 🙊

AndouilleDeVirePommeau.jpg.501b4aceb7cd800a773808c06b17edc5.jpg

Andouille de Vire, pain rustique et verre de pommeau.

Then there is Tête de veau but that is another kettle of fish, no that's bouillabaisse . . .

Just now, Pete Lewis said:

no idea  its not 20k   i just write dribble and get stars for it 

like being at school again 

but you dont get the cane for talking 

Pete

Never got a star at school, destined to be mediocre at everything. When i try to be mediocre i end up just average at that!

i was the youngest Prefect at school never got many house points hated cross country 4mile of mud

but put in charge of 3C  4C class of throw outs and to keep them shut up made the ones who knew best to read poetry to the class that worked a treat 

Pete

No, never the top of anything, always an also ran! Made the mistake of winning the cross country once, that ment you left last the next week! They certainly taught you to hide under the radar.  As they say in only fools, i have always been an achiever , never achieved anything though!

27 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

we thought we could hide at the quarry and join in on the 4th lap but Mr Rosser was up on the roof 

with his telescope

we all had to do it again ....Twice   Phew 

Pete

Its almost as if it had been done before! They used to hide at different places to catch you out if you tried a short cut. I think one of the boys even cought the bus for a few stops once. It was a mad race then about 150m from the end we would hide up so we came in the last places! That way we were first to go the next week. On a friday so last lesson almost a job and go home. I lived about 10 miles from the school and the first year a coach was provided but was cut from the second year. Often i would race the bus home! As it had to stop every stop! And there was a field i could cut across, could not do that now, as its the m25! Now there's some stories about when they built that i could tell.