'Extreme' exhaust fumes ??

Jeffds1360

9 minutes ago, andybeau said:

I used to love biscuits and chocolate 😪

I've been off both for four weeks now, plus crisps and other like-minded snacks, and it's difficult. I just needed to cut down a bit. I still rummage round the empty cupboards late at night, but if I don't buy it I can't find it.

• Like 1

I too am t2d, all caused by tooooo many choccy bics and 3 sugars in T.

Now I half a sugar & 2 choc bics a week. Down from 70 to 40 in 2 years (old money)

Only self test every week or two and 6monthly docs who says ... alright now... just :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Tried it once, never again. Yuck.

Ever tried a Hershey Bar?. We had the Yanks at the base a few miles away in the 50`s, and they would pass them out for "minding" their Motors. Far too much sugar!. When we went to the USA 2008(ish) I tried one, my (then 7 year old) grandaughter had some. Still far to Yuck for my taste.

Pete

12 hours ago, PeteH said:

Ever tried a Hershey Bar?. We had the Yanks at the base a few miles away in the 50`s, and they would pass them out for "minding" their Motors. Far too much sugar!. When we went to the USA 2008(ish) I tried one, my (then 7 year old) grandaughter had some. Still far to Yuck for my taste.

Pete

Many years ago, plus some offering called 'Three Musketeers' - even as a child I couldn't stomach it.

1 hour ago, Jeffds1360 said:

How do you find who has won? 

Is a total of likes and thanks etc?

Or...something to do with number of posts as well, or is that 'danship' :)

must go look at my plugs and mixture ...after the news, when the sun comes out etc etc.

I think it's just the most 'likes' regardless of dan rank or number of posts. Not sure if 'thanks' count as well.

If I could find my engine mounts - stored away under 'lost' - I'd go fit the Herald engine, then I might even get as far as plugs and mixture some day...

I'm still wondering if Zebedee ever fitted himself with an uprated spring.

Thanks Doug, found that, that seems based on posts but with a point score too.

Yes Pete has 17k+ and 45 points, poppyman has 29 points and is second with 'only' 2703 posts whereas Colin has 29 with 10k+  

So where do points come from?

I mean, some noogart could just sit all day and fill the forum up with garbage, I mean, we all saw @**%$  who shouted a lot :(

Better to base it on usefulness with respondents giving thanks and the like . 2 useful/helpful posts far outweigh a dozen full of waffle...???

Not for me to say :) mine are all questions and garbage ... in 30 years I may start answering.!!

35 minutes ago, Jeffds1360 said:

So where do points come from?

I mean, some noogart could just sit all day and fill the forum up with garbage, I mean, we all saw @**%$  who shouted a lot :(

Better to base it on usefulness with respondents giving thanks and the like . 2 useful/helpful posts far outweigh a dozen full of waffle...???

That I agree with but it's difficult to do. If someone asks a question, someone answers, the first posts 'thanks' the second 'no problem' and so on it ends up like a conversation. I know, I do it all the time, and if you get a post like "what tyres will fit my Triumph" or "what colour should I paint my car?" it can go on for pages of suggestions and recommendations as there's not one correct answer.

It all depends too on how a post starts. "I need a bolt. What size? 5/16. What length? 5 inches. What's it for? Alternator"... that's seven posts when a simple: "I need an alternator mounting bolt 5/16 by 5 inches" is only 1, but we're not all computer or literary geniuses. It's not easy to sort out the wheat from the chaffinches.

By the way what's a noogart? (Just in case...)

The points on the Leaderboard are "points accrued in this period" Uncle Pete has 46. I assume the points are responses to posts. The question is what is the period? I had always thought one day but, on the Top Members Reputation board Uncle Pete has 2405 points total, at 43 a day that could be got in 50 odd days, so daily can't be right. Perhaps it's monthly? 

KEVIN!!! Where are you?

Doug

Doug, you can go in and filter points for days, weeks and right back to 2014 I think

With you on that Colin

Noogart... ummm bit of a nugart ummmm... must be a local (Geordie) phraseology. Bit of a twit, selfish, no empathy but harmless, no comprendo the ways and means act :)