Period Photos of Triumphs

Mike Costigan

2 minutes ago, NonMember said:

That estate was already fairly elderly by the time of that photo - the Golf in front is R reg, so it's at least six years after end of Herald production.

I noticed that too, The Golf? in front is 9 years younger. The earlier Photo of Cars "swimming" made me chuckle. Seen too many hit the water and swamp the engine/electrics, going too fast. Mini`s where notorious for it with the Dizzy right in the firing line!. Slow and steady, keep the revs up, and dont forget to "dry" the brakes after exit!!!😁

Pete

3 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

ome great period photos of everyday Heralds on Facebook at present:

2 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Another nice one found this morning:

I know what sites you have been looking at (well some sites at least) as I saw them as well. We need to get out more 🙄

2 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

the idea of feet on throttle brake at the same time gives the ecu's a headache   and throws the ecu into lets light all the warnings up 

Only on some ill-conceived (probably French) cars. Properly designed ECUs know about "Billy Throttle" or left-foot braking

Don`t how many get Practical Classic`s? But Simister was having a go over "heel/toe" driving, which we all learned on the rally circuit, and the fact that early Fly by Wire cars used to throw a fit if you tried it.

Pete

Not a period photo of a Triumph but sort of related.

326375341_898684171578930_3905057435874213344_n.thumb.jpg.296ffadd18590f6b337127383a60aece.jpg

The photo was on the French Triumph club site who had borrowed it from a site that posts old advertising paintings on buildings.

This one has been restored, see plaque in bottom right hand corner. Apparently it is on a wall by a Belgian industrial site that built Standard Triumph cars. The factory is L'Usine Imperia near Liège, I found an article about it, they built cars from the early 1900s AND had a roof top test circuit - does that ring any bells?

The article :

https://www.gaudry.be/photo/imperia-usine-abandonnee/#:~:text=L'usine Imperia&text=L'usine fut d'abord,marque Impéria%2C créée en 1901.

• Like 2

On 20/01/2023 at 10:12, Chris A said:

Not a period photo of a Triumph but sort of related.

326375341_898684171578930_3905057435874213344_n.thumb.jpg.296ffadd18590f6b337127383a60aece.jpg

The photo was on the French Triumph club site who had borrowed it from a site that posts old advertising paintings on buildings.

This one has been restored, see plaque in bottom right hand corner. Apparently it is on a wall by a Belgian industrial site that built Standard Triumph cars. The factory is L'Usine Imperia near Liège, I found an article about it, they built cars from the early 1900s AND had a roof top test circuit - does that ring any bells?

The article :

https://www.gaudry.be/photo/imperia-usine-abandonnee/#:~:text=L'usine Imperia&text=L'usine fut d'abord,marque Impéria%2C créée en 1901.

Might be of interest to @wimpus!

• Like 1