Carpets

https://www.carcarpets.co.uk/triumph--herald-convertible-1960-to-1971-carpet-set---blenheim-range-44780-p.asp

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/prestigeautotrimproductsltd

Not sure if Prestige list Herald carpets but they make and sell Spitfire.

I bought from Carcarpets and was happy with the carpet, not for concours but what seems like a good everyday carpet for a used car.

It's never going to happen but I would be great if Newtons were able to mould a set of 1200 carpets in the original grey loop pile material, you can get carpets in that material for the TR4, but no idea if it is suitable for moulding, I would guess not.

Still we we've got to consider ourselves extremely fortunate that proper fitting moulded carpets exist at all.

JJ

They've got a monopoly on moulded carpets and don't see the need to do a more expensive material. They probably say to themselves "who would pay the extra?" Well, I'm sure many of us would! I'm holding on to my original carpets until they do.

Cheers, Richard

• 2 months later...

I know that everyone has there favorites when choosing carpets, moulded, tufted, edged, chestnut, cheap & cheerful, but does anyone know what 'Carrelli' carpet is? Listed on some fleabay listing as though it is something special, or is it just a designer sounding word meaning cheap cr*p?

Thanks Pete. I did do a t'internet search but didn't turn up anything really useful. Just wondered what on earth it was after reading that Owen at Park Lane only used 'Mercedes' leather.

By the way, having read Evelex's reaction to negative feedback I wouldn't be using them even if their stuff was top quality. Customer service doesn't appear to be their strong point!!