Spitfire battery options

Piglet

Interestingly, SWMBO's Yaris gives batteries a really tough life, but the only one it's so far managed to completely kill within a year was a Bosch. Personally, I'd prefer a Yuasa or Varta. I've used Tayna's cheapest and second-cheapest 063 options (Enduroline and the like) on my Triumphs and they've all been excellent.

If you've got a local Motor Factors (and they're any way traditional) take measurements of the battery box and see what the target battery is that will fit, with the correct orientation of the terminals. I'm running a Banner 'Starting Bull' (yep, never heard of that myself, either) model 560 09 which is rated at 480A, 60aH and replaces the 063. I had Yuasa on the TR7, again a good battery.

I have a Yuasa 063 on my Scimitar GTE. For some reason Reliant never thought it necessary to fit anything larger to start a 3 litre V6!

The Yuasa has worked fine for 6 years now and still starts the big Ford engine easily in winter,  even after standing unused for weeks. 

Nigel

Hi,

Type 075 is a better choice than 063. 

Tayna.co.uk is an excellent place to buy from.
Banner makes top-tier batteries.
A stop-start AGM  is fitted for only £80. Self-discharge is very low & resting voltage is noticeably higher. I do not have an OEM ACR alternator.

I recently fitted a new Battery to the Sprinter, that was from Tanya, Varta Silver series. (100Ah) which would be too big for OUR cars but was a recomendation on a Motorhome site.

C6 Varta Silver Dynamic Car Battery 12V 52Ah - Type 063 - 552 401 052. would be the eqivalent?

Pete

1 hour ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Ever since I did an Internet search for the paint colour 'Chelsea Blue' I've been wary of searching for unknown names... I'll let someone else go first... :)

Tricky that, my mind would conjure up images of cheese 🧀