Hello all,

I am looking for information on Le Mans 2025 classics next year please!

I have heard this is the place to get the information I need.
camping at tetre rouge is what I am looking for and i am told triumph take over this pitch and I need to purchase my tickets through this group.

any information or helpful info would be appreciated.

2 hours ago, Joker1988 said:

can’t see any links though

That's because the 'process' for tickets etc has not started, for the 2023 event it was in December once the club has price details from the organisers.  The dates are 3-6 July

Dick

• 3 months later...
On 16/06/2024 at 06:59, Joker1988 said:

Hello all,

I am looking for information on Le Mans 2025 classics next year please!

I have heard this is the place to get the information I need.
camping at tetre rouge is what I am looking for and i am told triumph take over this pitch and I need to purchase my tickets through this group.

any information or helpful info would be appreciated.

Hi The 2025 ticket sales will begin around the end of  2024 we are still negotiating at the minute, tickets go on sale to members first followed by non members a few weeks later if any are left.

The best bet is to become a Tssc member to get priority to what is with out doubt the best site at classic Le man follow the link on the Tssc website to join 

Thanks Chris 

• Like 1

Mr Joker

This is the time of the year where Chris and the rest of the COM earn their money (well metaphorical money) as dealing with the ACO and Peter Auto can be time-consuming, getting everything in place . 

Luckily I just had to sort the T-shirts and mugs when I was part of original organising team. 

Welcome. Joker

Yes, Tertres Rouge is the best camp site for a view of the track, and the TSSC provides a wonderful club house and bar, so you may, as many do, just sit there the whole weekend and watch the cars go by.      But the paddocks are open, you can walk around them all, get as close to the cars there as you would wish and their crews will permit.  The crews are, unless pressured by work, often glad to chat about the cars and their history.

The only problem is that TR campsite (!) is a mile from the paddocks.   There is a shuttle bus, but that only runs in the day, so for your convenience and if you want to be there for the night time races, take a bicycle if you can!      But take a whistle too!    I don't believe that the French use bicycle bells like we do, but les Gendarmes use a whistle to direct traffic or pedestrians.     When on a bike, a whistle  between the lips will guarantee attention from the most distracted tourist!

John

15 hours ago, pugwash said:

Oh yeah! A fake turbo whistle to go with the Colenel Bogey airhorns. Want one for my car, it should surprise GTi owners.

I HATE THOSE WHISTLING THINGIES!!! No idea what they are, whether exhaust or dump valve, but all the young oiks round here have them. A £300 scrapheap of Renault Clio or Seat with blacked out windows and huge exhaust, they go past my house every ten minutes to a mate ten doors down who 'works' on their cars. GRRRRRRR...WOOOOO... GRRRRRR... WOOOOO... I HATE IT.

• Like 1

30 years ago I had a klaxon, one night pressed the button, nothing. Mental note "Check wiring" Lifted the bonnet and, no klaxon!

To add insult to injury it had not been unbolted, but the scrote had sawn it off it's mounting. :angry: 

Doug

You missed the CRACK... CRACK, we get a lot of that as the bridge then a long straight road on the German side gives the hooligans somewhere to impress us with their prowess and upgraded dustbins. Mind you it is the quiet nothing of an electric coming at you from behind that scares me. I have often said they should be fitted with whistles at the front to alert the poor fossil fuel burners of the approach of their horribly expensive battery box.

14 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

I HATE THOSE WHISTLING THINGIES!!! No idea what they are, whether exhaust or dump valve, but all the young oiks round here have them. A £300 scrapheap of Renault Clio or Seat with blacked out windows and huge exhaust, they go past my house every ten minutes to a mate ten doors down who 'works' on their cars. GRRRRRRR...WOOOOO... GRRRRRR... WOOOOO... I HATE IT.

Soften your understandable  annoyance by  considering  the benefits   a hideously noisy,  farty exhaust can bring:

look upon it as a safety feature  - an audible early warning system for us all

- that one of the lesser  spotted prat species, an immature sociopath, is driving their Prat-mobile very badly somewhere in the  district.

Edited by Unkel Kunkel
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, thescrapman said:

Lots of motorcycles have very noisy exhausts so they can heard before they are seen. Apparently. 

But, as the noise comes out of the back doesn't that mean they are heard after they pass by? 🙄 If every vehicle was noisy using this logic you wouldn't hear a specific vehicle due to all the back ground noise. . . .

Back when big/high 4x4s started to become popular some owners claimed they were safer as they could see over normal cars in front of them. Now most cars seem to be high that bit of logic is lost.

2 hours ago, Chris A said:

But, as the noise comes out of the back doesn't that mean they are heard after they pass by? 🙄 If every vehicle was noisy using this logic you wouldn't hear a specific vehicle due to all the back ground noise. . . .

Back when big/high 4x4s started to become popular some owners claimed they were safer as they could see over normal cars in front of them. Now most cars seem to be high that bit of logic is lost.

One of the other widely-held beliefs was also that, in the event of a frontal collision, the other vehicle would strike below you and you'd be well above any damage or danger. This seems to assume that the other driver is in something low and sporty, and not in a bigger 4x4...