Upgrade

I click Activity then Content. This displays the latest comments on current threads.  Click on the latest comment on your chosen thread and it goes to the first comment in that thread. Then wiz down for the latest comments.  On the previous incarnation Click Latest  and the ones with new comments were displayed in bold, Click on the one you want. So previously two key stroke, now four? 

I have managed to set up a 'custom stream' undet the >activity > my activity headings. This has a date sort function but not others. Why has nobody though to put this out as a beta test. It could have been run side by side with the last release to iron out the bugs and get the feel of the forum users before forcing it on everyone. It nearly as thoughtful as Windows 10. It took me over two weeks to work out how to stop tbe auto updates for that.

Once I get to a thread and the last comment on it there is a button to the left "Go to topic list" This page is very similar to the previous version described above Click list and there it is. However I can't see how to get to this page directly, anybody got any ideas?

The trick is to create yourself a Custom activity screen, and then you can select how far back you want the recent activity to go - read and unread posts in a timeline.

Activity "tab" ---> My Activity Streams "tab" --> "Create New Stream" in the drop down --> setup the filters you want and save it.

I looking at how to create one that everyone can use, but I'm learning the same as everyone else. 

Well done Kevin, but you really shouldn't be having to reinvent the forum and put it back as it was!!  The idea of an upgrade is to improve what is there. Not to screw it up so badly (in the name of progress, security, prettiness) that it then has to be rebuilt...leave that to Microsoft. I have enough trouble with my car without having to re-learn technology.

The upgraded forum is growing on me.

There appears to be many more background settings that I can tinker with.

I just need to be careful in case I totally screw things up and have to grovel to IPBoard to undo any inadvertent damage. 

is there any more fine tuning,  if you read a topic in the recent list you have to return to the browse to repopulate the recent list

and is there a way to show last posters name  so we have a lead to know   reply has  added

currently just shows a date and time , or is that something we need to set up of our own settings  ???

i can see there's a 'go to topic listing'   tab but its right at the end of scroll down , not very visilble

thanks  Pete 

Doug. Click as follows..activity, my activity streams, create new stream. This will give you a screen to customise a list of postings. Set it up to taste, name it and then, in my main list, it shows new posting, newest at the top, who has posted and part of the original post depending on whether you choose condensed or expanded at the top right of the list. Good luck. If you get it wrong, just delete  the custom list by clicking the waste bin next to the title and try again. Got it working as I want it now. I hope that Kevin has made notes of what he's done so he can put it right again, the next time the software is screwed up without warning!

Must admit I quite like the new set up, clearer and easier to update/navigate.

I noticed an issue last night where when I attempt to paste a link from Imageshack into a post on my iOS device it translates all the back slashes in % signs, and removes the [ ] brackets.

All works perfectly on my Windows 7 laptop.

With regards notification, unfortunately I am guessing this is a SaaS offering and therefore you have no say in what gets updated when.

Just think what that means when you have 70,000+ employees across the globe running business critical systems rather than just a forum which is free.

Karl

Im happy with Kevins fix  much more useable,  i cant help but think hic ups like this change will cause users and members to drift

every time theres been a crash or malfuction numbers drop/swap to elswhere 

its great PR ....Not  !!!!

someone somewhere knew this was planned but hey ho communicate with the forum management or club members  is the usual missed a trick  I felt things had improved ....obviously a misguided feeling.   maybe  nobody  knew ???

someone has the clues to this poorly effected change

but thanks to Kevin the only moderator  ( out of 6 )with any real input we have moved on a long way since this started  

time he had a brownie point or two  

Pete

just to add a point i thought it was me but if you go to the log on screen it now asks for your 'displayed name'  not the the sign in you used to set up the last forum log in to become a  forum member 

so the security has changed for some reason  if  i log on as before it says   youre  wrong  many may well find they are blocked because of this 

so log on now,  is your  displayed  username    

and Ive 'book marked'    logged  in with  fluid tab and it fires up on that page format every time 

well.  now i know who i am.

Pete

4 hours ago, dougbgt6 said:

Got it! BW, Kevin, thanks! The fluid setting is the one! A shame this wasn't put out as the default, would have saved a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth. :lol:

Is there any way "fluid" could be made the default? 

Fluid now set as default - lets see how it goes.

• Like 2

I've reset the default view to "Traditional", and added a couple of sub-tabs on the Browse tab.

"Traditional View" switches your personal default to "Traditional"

"Recent Posts View" switches your personal default to "Fluid", which gives the recent posts like they used to be.

The "Forum" sub tab will take you to which ever view you are currently using as your default.