Upgrade

Shame the blog feature only allows new content written here - I already have a blog and would be happy to add it here but will not writing duplicate content to 2 different blogs.

Also surprised a new version still does not allow either facebook or twitter ID's to be added into profile but does include Yahoo and Jabber whatever that is.

Can someone please tell me how to get the menus back along the top of the page. Already fed up with using thw back button. Also I have lost the list of recently updated topics. Must be here somewhere but cannot find it at the moment. Nice clean format is one thing, but too little info is something else.

• Like 1

Found a lot of stuff in the settings bit (top right, three horizontal lines). 'Shop' section is in there (if you want to buy a widget for $10!!), but check out the staff section... still lists Garth, bet he's pleased!!!  Still can't find the 'forum - new posts' section though. I am far from impressed

• Like 1

Has the forum been upgraded again since my previous post 25 mins ago. Suddenly the tab headers have come back... but they don't appear to work and the little settings section has gone. Could be that my tablet has still got the old format cached.  Very weird

Thanks Aiden. I'm getting there. All my previous flags etc are showing none existant and at the moment this is a mess. I think that the forum software is being upgraded at this very moment and is almost changing as I type. The header tabs are now working. I think that I will leave this until next week, when it might be sorted.

The upgrade came as a surprise to me too - I'm still learning my way around.

It looks like one or two configuration changes that were made a few months ago have been undone - I've found the setting to remove Garth from the "Staff" group (again)

I've also hidden the "Store" link, which appears to be part of the IPBoard setup and nothing to do with the Club Shop - https://shop.tssc.org.uk/

Still trying to find how best to display all the recent postings, rather than the ones that I haven't read - Activity/All Activity gives me too much detail.

Looks like it switches between views automatically depending on the device.

On the desktop machine I get the tabs, but on my android phone I don't- there is a drop down in the top right that gives what would be on the tabs row.

Off to find my iPhone to see how that behaves.

Kevin,  you didn't know?  :o   Did anybody know?

The supplier of a service normally agrees updates with their customer.  Who is in control here? Who agreed this? 

Although I can negotiate my way around, and it looks passable , I'm concerned about the BIG format and some of the pages no longer available.  Was it negotiated with TSSC before hand?

I'm only responsible for the day to day admin of the forum, and not the  deep down structural admin.  The Club has an IT provider who runs the Club main website server and commissions the Forum service with IPboard.  The COM would have agreed the update with the IT provider and then someone "forgot" to notify us that it was going to be upgraded.

in terms of being needed and long overdue, the upgrade has closed a number of security holes and fixed lots of bugs, so it should be an improvement for us all.  The most noticeable fix (rather than layout change) is that the upload of your own Avatar image now works again.  Glad I didn't hold my breath waiting for that fix though.

Do not know if it is age related but everything which is labelled reformulated and or improved from supermarket products to websites never seem as good or easy as the original, or does this make me a moaning old git.

Last job before retirement was managing the broadband section of the company, we supplied all types of connection including point to point and satellite.

Regards

Paul

• Like 1

Every time I click on a topic I end up with the last post/last page first and have to scroll up to get to the start. Have I got a setting wrong? This didn't happen on the previous version of the forum.

DJN