Hello from Paula and her Vitesse

6 minutes ago, Paula said:

Oh well we're on the subject of things in cupboards. Does anyone smoke cigars?

I do.

In case you were going to ask where are they from or what sort are they:

I would say artisanal made, looking at the colour and texture of the outer leaf. A large factory made item would have a leaf of a more uniform colouring. If I remember correctly from my visit to the Partagas factory in Havana they grade the finished cigars into 30 or more colour tones before ranging them in boxes. No I don't know what the leaf(?) is they were stored in. They don't look split so they could have been keep in a humid environment. Be very careful if you do what to humidify them to so it slowly and gently or they could split.

Guess what I do when not tinkering/driving my Herald? 😄

my dad being in the  truck manufacture purchase trade back in the 50 /60s  had a Xmas prezzy from i think AP /Lockheed  a load   of cigars in a  very large glass hermetically sealed  jar,  he was keeping till he retired in 68 , as a kid i used to get the jar  remove lid to give mates a smell of   ' this is a cigar '  when 68 arrived  they had dried out and near burst into flames , smelt of old cabbages 

Dad assumed the seal had leaked ..Hmmmm    twas me 

Pete

I'm confused, Paula. You "tried it negative earth and nothing. Then I tried it back the other way and it does!"

ThenIt's now wired Neg Earth. And working."

So it does work with the clock earth connected to the positive terminal?

John

I'm confused, Paula. You "tried it negative earth and nothing. Then I tried it back the other way and it does!"

So it does work with the clock earth connected to the positive terminal of the battery?

John

So it does work with the clock earth connected to the positive terminal of the battery?

John

1 minute ago, JohnD said:

John

It's now working with the negative terminal connected to the negative terminal of the battery. So Neg Earth.

6 minutes ago, Paula said:

They are from Cuba about 3 weeks ago. They are from a village that uses a 100% natural process no preservatives. Apparently they only last a month and that's pretty much up!  A friend was taking them to Spain but obviously that's not happening now.
They do look very dry though. I'm dubious.

Free to a good home

Just about all cuban cigars are Bio, they can't afford to import the chemicals. They should keep much longer if made from correctly fermented leaves, which I am sure they would be. I have smoked artisan ones that have been kept for over a year.

Cuban are the best, most complex flavours. The top cubans are triple fermented instead of the double. The top make is Cohiba, damned expensive even in Cuba or Andorra.

Damn! I'll have to make another mug of tea and raid my reserves. . . .

1 minute ago, Chris A said:

Just about all cuban cigars are Bio, they can't afford to import the chemicals. They should keep much longer if made from correctly fermented leaves, which I am sure they would be. I have smoked artisan ones that have been kept for over a year.

Cuban are the best, most complex flavours. The top cubans are triple fermented instead of the double. The top make is Cohiba, damned expensive even in Cuba or Andorra.

I can pop them in the post if you'd like them?

5755C86A-D6A7-4FC6-9F75-9CD12D62427E_1_105_c.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Chris A said:

A man after my own heart Chris, they do look nice..... I had to give them up as they were giving me headaches  :(  Every time i lit one the wife pecked my head.

Tony. 

2 minutes ago, Chris A said:

Are you sure? I live in France. I'm always open to try different cigars. To date 206 of which 50 are non Cuban

Message me your address i'll find out the postage cost. I should be able to post them with a printed label from home.

1 minute ago, poppyman said:

A man after my own heart Chris, they do look nice..... I had to give them up as they were giving me headaches  :(  Every time i lit one the wife pecked my head.

Tony. 

I know what you mean. I am allowed to smoke them in the main part of the house if my wife is away and won't be back for 2 weeks at least after the last cigar. Other than that my office/fumoir on the first floor is connected to the extractor system that ventilates the kitchen, downstairs bathroom, downstairs loo & uptairs shower room so even in winter (most of) the smell is vented outside.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 68vitesse said:

Must be the thing to bring back from Cuba, got back late February, visited a tobacco farm where they roll their own cigars to sell.

Regards

Paul (Non smoker)

Interesting first photo. The cigar is labelled Romeo y Julietta, quite a respectable label - though not one of mine. The tube along side it has a reworked Cohiba band on it - the gold, yellow and black & white. It looks as if it says Cuba on the cigar label it would read Cohiba.

The second is clearly a drying shed

I've attached a photo of a genuine Cohiba label on a (genuine) Cohiba cigar from my stockSAM_1654.thumb.JPG.38548bff23e73992fe620313a02b46ff.JPG

1 hour ago, Paula said:

It's now working with the negative terminal connected to the negative terminal of the battery. So Neg Earth.

Pete, double post gone now.

Paula, just a bad connection then?     Your coils will have no effect, as this is DC so no electromagnetic effect.   Glad you clock is ticking now - but then isn't that true of us all?  

I really didn’t want to cut a hole in the dash, so I think this is a good alternative. Much cheaper too.

if the clock proves too unreliable I’ll probably get another of the same. I like how it’s Jaegar like the rest of my dash.