lidl not aldi fire extinguisher

ludwig113

McDonalds Wifi is down so greetings from the Leaping Salmon in B-u-T. I'm supporting local business, a tough job but someone's go to do it. 

I'm passing Aldi on the way back to mother's so I'll pop in for a couple.  Mine's even older! 

Got a couple of crook locks from Aldi last week, astonishingly heavy, will probably take a couple of mpg off my mileage, but for £3.99 how can I refuse?!!

Doug

I have an old hinged type of crook lock. The type that covers the handbrake release button and locks around the gear stick when in 1st/4th. I fit it upside down so the lock can't be seen. With a little practice it comes off quickly with the key. A friend was making rude comments about its usefulnes until I pointed out that its main function was to stop passing oiks from knocking the car out of gear and letting the handbrake off, especially when the hood was down on the Spitfire, when parked on a slope. Of course it won't stop a portable angle grinder, but what will?

8 hours ago, Badwolf said:

I have an old hinged type of crook lock. The type that covers the handbrake release button and locks around the gear stick when in 1st/4th. I fit it upside down so the lock can't be seen. With a little practice it comes off quickly with the key. A friend was making rude comments about its usefulnes until I pointed out that its main function was to stop passing oiks from knocking the car out of gear and letting the handbrake off, especially when the hood was down on the Spitfire, when parked on a slope. Of course it won't stop a portable angle grinder, but what will?

Must be a different design to the Autolock version I have in the shed - there's insufficient gap between the handbrake and gear lever in my GT6 to use it, even in 1st or 3rd.

I use a disklock instead.

Gully

22 hours ago, Badwolf said:

I had the old yellow Autolock version (in fact I still do, it's just not used any more) for handbrake and gearstick, but sadly mislaid the key once... so just unscrewed the gearknob and removed it that way. I found the key again but never used it after that. I also had a Disklock but it was huge and hard to store when off the car, and when I lost the key for that one, that was the end - they won't replace keys under any circumstances.

To be honest, a 1kg extinguisher may not be much good.    Did you see the Vitesse burnt out on T. Vit. International page on Facebook?    I tried to use one on a wastebasket fire - NBG - and the standard for sport is 2.25kgs, which may be up graded shortly.

In a fire, get out, stay out, keep away.   Its only things, not people.

John

When I put the Spit back on the road, the first thing I did was have made, or get off the internet 3 complete sets of keys. The only thing I have difficult with is the remote fob for the vintage Moss alarm. They are available, but what a price!!

57 minutes ago, JohnD said:

To be honest, a 1kg extinguisher may not be much good. 

True, but better than nothing.

58 minutes ago, JohnD said:

In a fire, get out, stay out, keep away.   Its only things, not people.

Perfectly true.

Checked Aldi in Lewes - no trace; are "we" sure it is Aldi ??????????

Regards.

Richard.

• ludwig113 changed the title to lidl not aldi fire extinguisher
29 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Lidl are also selling 12v oil pumps for (I think) £14.99; I wish I'd seen them on the local garage day when we did about a dozen gearbox and diff oil topups / changes using an oil can to refill.

If it's the same one they were flogging before it's no good for gear oil. It says so in the instructions which I read AFTER it melted trying to pump ep90 into my diff.