Slick 50 engine treatement

daverclasper

17 hours ago, dougbgt6 said:

The referendum demographic was that the older the voter the more likely they voted leave. The younger the voter the more likely they voted remain.

I saw a Remainer on TV who voted remain as they wanted to be able to go on Stag parties to Prague.

Now THAT'S getting your priorities right.

5 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

I saw a Remainer on TV who voted remain as they wanted to be able to go on Stag parties to Prague.

Now THAT'S getting your priorities right.

What a muppet. Like the exiteer, I overheard saying, We were once a great empire, no reason why we can't be again.

It beggars belief, worse than that, It's frightening. 

• Haha 1

That one was a teenager; they also interviewed a woman in her 40s who voted remain as she wanted her son to have the same chance of travelling around Europe as she had had.

Other reasons included wanting to continue to buy German cars, and to be able to compete in some European football thing.

Personally I miss the mystique of different countries - Lira, Francs, Drachma, things that gave the feeling that you were really getting away to a foreign country; not this YURO thingie that sounds as cheap and worthless as a lottery ticket. Now we have all these countries that might as well be identical; it's like going to McDonalds in Paris, or Amsterdam, or Rome.... all the same, and you might as well stay at home, go to your local and save the fares.

34 minutes ago, daverclasper said:

We were once a great empire, no reason why we can't be again.

Yes! We just got to subjugate a few sub continents and bleed them dry, maybe start selling government sponsored heroin to the Chinese again, shouldn't be too difficult, we just need a bigger army, national service, that's what we need. :lol: 

17 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

they also interviewed a woman in her 40s who voted remain as she wanted her son to have the same chance of travelling around Europe as she had had.

Actually it will be more difficult, no more free movement, visas required, "Ver are your papers dummkopf?!!"  And then there's the dire exchange rate, can we afford it?

db

1 hour ago, dougbgt6 said:

Yes! We just got to subjugate a few sub continents and bleed them dry, maybe start selling government sponsored heroin to the Chinese again, shouldn't be too difficult, we just need a bigger army, national service, that's what we need. :lol: 

That's what's wrong! You nailed it in one. We need a Hitler, or a Napoleon, and then everyone will think we're wonderful, as opposed to a dreary, boring country who spoiled everyone else's fun by beating a few would-be conquerors, ending slavery, banning wife-burning and that sort of thing.  

Nowadays representatives of former colonies are bleeding us dry, so isn't that a form of poetic justice?

Cromwell perhaps, chop a few heads off, that'll sharpen the resolve!

I think Mr Mog would fancy himself as Lord High Protector.

In his 80s my maternal Grandfather fell out with the Revenue, why should he pay tax on his savings, it's money he'd already paid tax on? He wouldn't pay, things escalated, my mother secretly and discretely paid the bill.  But for ever after he said "You just have to be firm with them!"   This now appears to be the advise to Mrs May from her Brexitiers regarding Brussels, but I don't think my mum is going to step in this time.

db

Me, I don't do milk. & sugar is bad for me.

Humans are the only animals that milk other animals mammary glands & then drinks it. Even calves when grown up stop drinking the stuff.

I hear pigs milk is quite nice but the sows put up a fierce fight. As should any creature, when a different species is trying to milk it.

Sugar should only be fermented to alcohol, where it is made safe by the liver.

Iain.

• Like 1

I am always mildly amused by the lot that worry about the planet and what the Hunan race is doing to it. 

Why, you may ask. Well.  If you zoom out from the earth and keep going a bit then you realise that we are a totally insignificant blue/green planet that if we disappeared it wouldn’t affect anything in the universe. 

57 minutes ago, Spitfire6 said:

So milking animals & sometimes drinking it is OK???

Yes. It isn't any worse than the damage to wildlife caused by humans destroying the countryside and forests to grow fruit and vegetables.

As I said humans are the planet's worst enemy.

As Anglefire says in the scale of things this little rock isn't that important anyway, or is it? So far we haven't been able to contact any third party to give their view. 🚀📡

17 hours ago, dougbgt6 said:

Actually it will be more difficult, no more free movement, visas required, "Ver are your papers dummkopf?!!"  And then there's the dire exchange rate, can we afford it?

db

Not only visas. As I've mentioned before I get all the Gov.UK guidline e mails and there are warnings that you will need to make sure your car insurance covers you in the EU/EEA when coming to the mainland. One of the mails I got yesterday evening gives a warning about health cover - European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) might not be valid any more and travellers would need extra travel health assurance in case of illness or accident.

Lets hope the the EU/EEA will still allow RHD cars to come over . . . .👀

"Watch yer man there. He's a bit strange.... and too close to his cows...…"

Even stranger, they use fish bladders in beer finings to reduce cloudiness. Who first thought of that?!! "I got all these fish guts left over what shall I do with them?"

Doug

1 minute ago, dougbgt6 said:

Even stranger, they use fish bladders in beer finings to reduce cloudiness. Who first thought of that?!! "I got all these fish guts left over what shall I do with them?"

Doug

Probably the Japanese Doug, They do strange things with fish........

Tony.